PDA

View Full Version : stress and anxiety

surpassit
06-01-2014, 05:05 PM
I have a question.

Okay so when my anxiety first came up I was under extreme stress due to family issues and arguements, moving to a new house, and school related issues. After my first serious anxiety attack I calmed down a bit and as time went on my anxiety gradually lowered until recently during these last two weeks of school. I was under extreme stress again because of the many projects due for my classes and studing for final exams. And thats when my anxiety came back again and im still sprt of anxious even though school is over.

So my question is can anxiety caused by stress be cured for good? Or is it permanent?

BrookeLynnnn
06-01-2014, 05:29 PM
No it's not permanent. You just have to find out your ways of relieving it. So that when stressful situations do arise, you won't be anxious about it. Read up online for some anxiety techniques for stress :)

surpassit
06-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Okay thank you very much. I think im just going to go to the gym again and see if that relieves some stress.

BrookeLynnnn
06-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Okay thank you very much. I think im just going to go to the gym again and see if that relieves some stress.

It will!! Exercise is amazing for anxiety!

meichmann
06-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Just remember, you have to get in a good sweaty workout. you cant just sit on the exercise bike with a magazine and casually pedal. Your workouts have to be productive. I've been lifting since the early 90's and it helps immensely! You'll notice a difference!

surpassit
06-02-2014, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the reply meichmann. I went to the gym this morning and I did notice I was a little relaxed after but im kinda panicing because ive been having these breathing problems. It feels like im not getting enough air and when I try and take a deep breathe it feels like my chest isnt expanding enough to get all the air I think I need. And now im just constantly taking the deepest breaths I can get. This has been happening for over two weeks now so I cant really say its a panic attack. I just want to breathe right again. And it was worse when I was on the treadmill.

Oh and im not that out of shape that much. Im 5'9" and way about 190. And i dont know if its my allergies because when I take my allergy meds it sort of relieves the struggle for air but not so much to where I know for a fact that my allergies is the culprit. I dont know what to do haha

meichmann
06-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Well, the first thing to do is not panic. If you dwell on it and worry it will feel worse. I would talk to your doctor and just see what he has to say.

The next thing to do is listen to your body when working out. If you feel it is too much, then back off a little bit. You don't want to go all out when you are not used to it. But, don't back off to the point where you aren't getting anything out of your workout.

I've been working out for almost 20 years. I'm 6'4" and I weigh 215 lbs right now and gaining. I was up to 255 all muscle but it was too much for my bone structure. I have a small bone structure so the extra weight was wreaking havoc on my bones. I lost 50 lbs chasing my 3 year old around lol. but, now that I am on a regular gym schedule, I am gaining some weight back.

Every time I work out my chest, I get the muscle soreness right in the middle of my chest on the sternum. I have to keep reminding myself it's not a panic attack and just ride it out.

Ankhsious
06-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Anxiety should be renamed "beat yourself up" disease. We take a panic approach to life challenges and then beat ourselves up when we do not succeed.

To counter this start slow and ramp up steadily. Make sure to thank yourself for every incremental victory no matter how seemingly small.

Easier said than done I know because Anxiety causes me ADHD type symptoms and it's hard to do things unless there is a REALLY COMPELLING REASON STARING ME IN THE FACE.