PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol? Does it effect breathing?

Nocturne031
06-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Hey guys,

I've been prescribed (again) propranolol for my anxiety, 40mg for whenever I feel anxious

I have taken these two years ago in college to help me with presentations and they were awesome. Was just reading the side effects and it said some people experience wheezing? It's been two years and I can't remember if it effected my breathing or not, just a bit worried to try them again... I checked my bp yesterday and it was 111/60 when resting

Does propranolol effect your breathing? Or has it?

Thanks in advance

Nocturne031
06-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Hey guys,

I've been prescribed (again) propranolol for my anxiety, 40mg for whenever I feel anxious

I have taken these two years ago in college to help me with presentations and they were awesome. Was just reading the side effects and it said some people experience wheezing? It's been two years and I can't remember if it effected my breathing or not, just a bit worried to try them again... I checked my bp yesterday and it was 111/60 when resting

Does propranolol effect your breathing? Or has it?

Thanks in advance

Anyone at all?

Anne1221
06-01-2014, 08:41 PM
A search I did (because I've never taken it) showed that it can cause "shortness of breath" but it said that if you have that side effect, tell your doctor.

petrified
06-02-2014, 06:30 AM
Hi I've been in propananol for nearly a year now. I haven't had any side affects from them. It took me a while to take them as I read all the possible side affects. I just told myself that anything had to be better than how I was feeling.
You should be fine on them :-)

raggamuffin
06-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Fearing a medication will cause symptoms. Difficulty breathing and feeling chest restrictions is very common with anxiety.

Ed

ab123
06-02-2014, 04:01 PM
It did for me , but i have low blood pressure that i didn't know about so... that's why.

Nocturne031
06-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys