PDA

View Full Version : I cured my anxiety. My anxiety included facial pain, brain fog, eye floaters, etc.

ifigureditout
05-31-2014, 12:22 AM
I figured out the treatment for my anxiety. It's something to do with food. I got the idea from the following video and my comment on that video is below.

I can't post links yet but the video name on youtube is "How I beat anxiety and insomnia - my story"
The video # is 30ywpwSfIJI.

Man, I just want to say thank you. I just turned 37. I've suffered from physically painful anxiety for the last 10 years and from the mental affects at least as early as 4 years old.

I had a very abusive childhood. As a child I already had anxiety, but I had no way of separating those feelings from those caused by my home life. As I got older, I recall at age 15 thinking, "How can you ever become more than say, a janitor? You constantly try to avoid people. You can't keep yourself together." And eventually when I graduated from college I could no longer hide, I started a professional career in a competitive environment and my mind began to unravel. I found resources online explaining that my personality was not who I was but the product of my abusive childhood. That much made sense and still does but what I didn't understand is why the past had such control over my physical body in the present. I then learned that the symptoms that had persisted into adulthood were called an anxiety disorder. I could see how psychological events create phobias and thus I was leaning toward the idea that this was purely a psychological issue. I sought out psychologists for therapy as well as Doctor's who ran blood tests for vitamin or hormone imbalances. When the Doctor's tests showed no abnormalities I was left with the idea that my anxiety must be purely psychological trauma. My mother told me I was a hypochondriac, my birth father would not have a conversation about it. Basically on all sides I was being treated as though I were crazy.

I found your video about a month ago. I followed the links you provided as well as doing other research. The symptoms of MSG sensitivity included racing thoughts, facial paralysis/cramping, hot or burning sensation of the skin, irregular heartbeat, brain fog, eye floaters, etc.
Two weeks prior, my doctor had detected a very slight secondary beat in my heart rhythm using an EKG. I had previously been hospitalized three times in my 20s for heart pain, but the diagnosis was psychological. And I even remember having terrifying stiffness/pain in the heart as early as 6th grade. I've had facial pain off and on since 2005. I've often had what some call Brain Fog, difficulty remembering things or thinking clearly. I've had racing thoughts. And my whole life I've had this feeling as if something was coming to get me or I was in danger. All of these symptoms of fear occurred even though I felt no fear. For years I've felt like my conscious mind was a prisoner to whatever was happening in my body or sub-conscious.

Previously I had tried to eat better but, even if I did feel better for a few days, I would soon be anxious again. I could not figure this out and eventually would feel too worn down to continue forcing myself to eat bland healthy food. But, having watched your video I started looking for foods that helped to counteract the effects of MSG. There were many posts and articles out there explaining the importance of green leafy vegetables in MSG recovery, apparently because of Magnesium.

I had previously stumbled upon a health fad that included green leafy vegetables yet supposedly incorporated them in a way that was easier on the taste buds. It was called Green Smoothies. Last weekend I tried a green smoothie (romaine lettuce, kale, Cilantro, Collard Greens, Oranges, Strawberries, banana). Within 4 hours I felt like a new man.

Then, being as I had a nasty cold, I ate some chicken noodle soup, I became dizzy, I felt as if my eyes were crossing, and had to sit down. It turns out Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup lists MSG as an ingredient. I once again drank the green smoothie and recovered by the next morning. I then went on vacation, eating healthier but still restaurant food, slowly each day the anxiety grew. When I arrived home I once again drank a green smoothie, after 24 hours my anxiety was reduced by half, in 2 days my anxiety was once again gone. Then two days ago I went out with some friends, I had pizza and I was once again anxious. But with the green smoothie I recovered the next day.

The back and forth experience between calm clarity and anxiety over the last week has proven to me that what I eat does make the difference for me.

While your symptoms were similar to mine, your background sounded to be the opposite. This really helped to pinpoint the specific issue. And you sounded authentic, you have no blender or program you're selling, you're just another human being relaying their experience. This information has completely changed my life. You didn't have to post this video but you did. And I cannot begin to explain my gratitude.

PanicCured
05-31-2014, 12:39 AM
Yeah when I was working on healing my anxiety I kept reading about people relating their anxiety to food allergens like gluten, dairy, being acidic, MSG, or whatever food fad of the month. I did a lot of trying different food regimens and never noticed any difference. Definitely caffeine and alcohol were obvious triggers but the food thing never made a difference to me, other than focusing on nourishing myself with high quality natural whole foods, doing the right supplements, lots of greens, etc. But finding the food trigger never worked for me. If it works for you and others, than that is great. This is just my story.

ifigureditout
05-31-2014, 11:14 AM
I'd give the green smoothie a shot. Eating what I thought was healthy didn't work for me either but the smoothie really cuts it down to purely fruits and vegetables and puts those nutrients into a state that is easier for your body to pull nutrients from. An added plus for anyone caring extra weight is people tend to lose 2-6 pounds per week drinking green smoothies since they are extremely high in soluble fiber.

PanicCured
05-31-2014, 07:17 PM
I like green powders you can get to add to a drink with some serious antioxidants. Of course if you can juice fresh greens that;s great. With my juicer I do: Kale, cucumber, collard greens, chard, beet, lemon, ginger. I found that if you add lemon and ginger to any juice, that is what it will taste like and covers all the other tastes. So this juice is based on thick leafy greens that will actually juice, beet for it's healing properties and lemon and ginger, barely any sugar. I use a whole lemon and a thick ginger root chunk. Drink immediately before it oxidizes and you will feel high after! Awesome!

See this juicing cuts out the fiber and the parts of the plant with no nutritional value, so you get an instant bang of nutrients. Fiber is good for you, but if you juice and take out the fiber, you get a huge blast of nutrients. If I want fiber, I would rather eat the fruit or vegetables. Juicing you are extracting the nutrients.

Not sure about weight loss though. as it really appears weight loss is really only base don a calorie deficit, be it diet, exercise or both. Unless you mean water weight. But fat loss is a matter of calories.

Now I want to go raid the produce section at Whole Foods and do some juicing.

ifigureditout
06-01-2014, 10:57 PM
From what I've read, 1oz of green smoothie has around 12 calories. And on smoothie only days I drink less than 16 oz per day so 192 calories. I don't know that that is healthy and it sure sounds like an incredibly unhealthy calorie deprivation but I feel amazing. And it fits perfectly with the claims of losing a 1/2 pound a day. Here are some green smoothie videos from some down to earth guys who have experienced ridiculous weight loss using green smoothies.

youtube.com/watch?v=CeZxsDI5Pc8

youtube.com/watch?v=nvFedV4Xvck

As for juicing, I don't know how good juicers are at keeping nutrients in the juice vs the pulp/fiber that is removed. So that is something to consider. For me what the green smoothie is doing is breaking down the lettuce, kale, collard greens, cilantro, etc into an easier to mix form so I'm tasting fruit not greens which I hate.

PanicCured
06-02-2014, 12:41 AM
Juicing and smoothies are 2 different things. Smoothiws is basically drinking veggies and fruits rather than eating them. Juicing you take out the starch and fiber, that is not digested and slows down digestion, so you get an immense amount of nutrients quickly. By removing the indigestible fiber, and use a huge amount of vegetable,s you obtain it's live nutrients that will be readily absorbed. I use the Jack LaLaine Power Juicer and Jack lived to 96 healthy as an ox. At 70 years old he was handcuffed, shackled, and fighting strong winds and currents, and towed 70 rowboats strapped to him.

Imagine you blend up wheat grass in a blender and drink it. Now imagine you only squeeze the juice out and take a shot of that. One is similar to eating, the other is a readily available super nutrient rush.