PDA

View Full Version : Scared and just want to be normal again

kblizz81
05-29-2014, 06:00 PM
Hello everyone, I got on these forums to see if anyone had any insight or advice on my current situation. 4 weeks ago, I managed to get hit on the top of my head, not enough to knock me out, but enough to worry me. Since then I have had a 24/7 feeling of dizzy/fogginess (the only way I can describe this odd feeling). I've had every test run, CT, MRI, neck x-rays, and blood work, they all come out perfect. My doctors are convince all of these symptoms are brought on solely by anxiety and wanted to know if anyone else could validate that. I also started Zoloft 3 days ago and my anxiety has sky rocketed while making me feel horrible at the same time. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Evanchic
05-29-2014, 06:22 PM
I nailed the corner of a cabinet with the top of my head. I had the same experience. They told me concussion. Do you have trouble remembering simple things? For example I couldn't remember the word "chair" among other numerous words. I knew what it was but couldn't think of the name.

NixonRulz
05-29-2014, 06:34 PM
If you are cleared by doctors, accept what they say

Anxious people tend not to believe doctors and swear they must have som horrible thing going on

Unfortunately, that is a symptom of anxiety itself

Accept their diagnosis. Understand that anxiety causes these thoughts that the docs are wrong

Go have a beer. That's more fun.

kblizz81
05-29-2014, 06:51 PM
I nailed the corner of a cabinet with the top of my head. I had the same experience. They told me concussion. Do you have trouble remembering simple things? For example I couldn't remember the word "chair" among other numerous words. I knew what it was but couldn't think of the name.

Thanks for the response. I don't have any trouble with anything cognitive like that, it is just this very odd feeling that I just know isn't normal and is stopping me from moving on.