PDA

View Full Version : Ugh

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2014, 07:25 PM
I feel like my anxiety has come back somewhat.. I started smoking cigarettes after not smoking for 2 years :( I'm not sure if that's why..

Also I've been taking my breakup pretty hard..

I had racing thoughts as soon as I woke up this morning.. I'm tossing & turning throughout the night & I just have this all over uncomfortable feeling..

Not necessarily feeling anxiety. Not sure if my ssri is preventing the full on anxiety, so therefore causing my uncomfortable feeling..

I just really don't know anymore..

I have xanax but haven't taken any.. My mom got klonopin but I'm afraid to try it..

Ugh I'm lost.

Anne1221
05-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Do you take Zoloft? If so, how much do you take? Do you think it's an adequate dose for you (considering the break-up)? IF you possibly can, try to stop the smoking and exercise like crazy instead. I know it's hard though.

BrookeLynnnn
05-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Do you take Zoloft? If so, how much do you take? Do you think it's an adequate dose for you (considering the break-up)? IF you possibly can, try to stop the smoking and exercise like crazy instead. I know it's hard though.

I take 40mg of Paxil..

I know to quit smoking :( I need to work hard on that! Okay, I'll try to exercise too!! That'll be helpful to take my mind off things..

Thank you

NixonRulz
05-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Don't beat yourself up, Brooke.

Smoking at your age isn't the end of the world. Just stop when you mellow out

As far as the breakup.....sometimes easier to just hang out with someone for the night

That always made me forget the chick that just dumped me!

You're young and resilient. You got this

Just slow down ad stop putting too much pressure on yourself to feel "normal"

Michael33
05-28-2014, 11:31 PM
I smoke buts here and there they dont usually do anything to my anxiety but when I'm training or playing soccer I'm starting to feel it a bit on my lungs, after 40min of running I cant breathe well, this could trigger a panic attack for some people, other than that though, nicotine is a stimulant so it could cause you a bit of anxiety in general.

JohnC
05-29-2014, 04:40 AM
Hi BrookeLynnn,What made you start smoking? Just relax and take it easy. Are you still going to school? ( i am full questions this morning ).

BrookeLynnnn
05-29-2014, 09:06 AM
Don't beat yourself up, Brooke. Smoking at your age isn't the end of the world. Just stop when you mellow out As far as the breakup.....sometimes easier to just hang out with someone for the night That always made me forget the chick that just dumped me! You're young and resilient. You got this Just slow down ad stop putting too much pressure on yourself to feel "normal"

Thanks friend :)

BrookeLynnnn
05-29-2014, 09:07 AM
Hi BrookeLynnn,What made you start smoking? Just relax and take it easy. Are you still going to school? ( i am full questions this morning ).

Well all my friends smoke around me at school & it's so hard.. So I started up again :( & yes I'm still in school.

I don't mind questions! Lol

JohnC
05-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Yep I know what your saying. I am glad that that there is only one at my work who smokes. Dam are they addictive though and i miss them but can never go back:( OH well. You will be just fine i know

JohnC
05-29-2014, 11:02 AM
I have not figured out those dam smiley faces. WTH

Anne1221
05-29-2014, 11:15 AM
BrookeLynnn, I know everyone around you is smoking and it's so hard, but in the long run, it would be so much better if you could just stop now. They will wish later on they had quit too. It's just so bad for your health, expensive in the long run, and just an addiction to live with. I talked my brother out of smoking and he thanks me all the time for that. He is so glad he is healthy now and not a smoker.

As for your anxiety, 40 mg of Paxil should be helping you but talk to your doctor if you need more help.

Anne1221
05-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Have you ever tried Buspar? I am finding it so helpful for my anxiety. Apparently it does not help everyone but for the ones it does help, it's very good. I take 30 mg per day and have cut back on my Lexapro because it's helping so much.

BrookeLynnnn
05-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Yep I know what your saying. I am glad that that there is only one at my work who smokes. Dam are they addictive though and i miss them but can never go back:( OH well. You will be just fine i know

Good for you!!

Thank you :)

BrookeLynnnn
05-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Have you ever tried Buspar? I am finding it so helpful for my anxiety. Apparently it does not help everyone but for the ones it does help, it's very good. I take 30 mg per day and have cut back on my Lexapro because it's helping so much.

I haven't tried Buspar. My Paxil was working so well until my breakup..

I know I need to stop smoking :( I'll smoke & now I'll pay attention to how I feel after, & that's when the uncomfortable feeling starts.. But I'm still smoking :( such a terrible habit!!!

DyG
05-29-2014, 11:29 PM
This is my opinion in regards to your smoking situation, you know/tell yourself that you need to stop smoking(prob since it's a fact that smoking is bad for ones health), which in turn when you do smoke, negative thoughts(such as you know its bad or that you need to quit, or maybe the cig might make you worse ) about it probably leads to you paying much more attention/conscious to how you feel after you smoke, which in turns leads to the uncomfortable feelings( and its safe to say those feelings are just a form of anxiety).
Just my thoughts probably a lot different than what really goes on for you, but maybe it might help you better understand why you're feeling this way?

BrookeLynnnn
05-29-2014, 11:39 PM
This is my opinion in regards to your smoking situation, you know/tell yourself that you need to stop smoking(prob since it's a fact that smoking is bad for ones health), which in turn when you do smoke, negative thoughts(such as you know its bad or that you need to quit, or maybe the cig might make you worse ) about it probably leads to you paying much more attention/conscious to how you feel after you smoke, which in turns leads to the uncomfortable feelings( and its safe to say those feelings are just a form of anxiety). Just my thoughts probably a lot different than what really goes on for you, but maybe it might help you better understand why you're feeling this way?

That's actually pretty dead on!!

JohnC
05-30-2014, 05:03 AM
BrookeLynnnn, I was on the 40mg paxil and it does help but on something like a breakup with someone you have been with, paxil is not going to make those kinds of emotions go away. Breakups are tough and it takes time to get over that stuff. The paxil is and was helping so I would stay on it and as far as the smoking goes don't beat yourself up over it.

Anne1221
05-30-2014, 07:59 AM
John C is right .Break ups are just hard in general for those with anxiety and those without. Try to engage in various groups where you can meet new friends. Find a way to get exercise and be with others. That could be helpful.