PDA

View Full Version : Always freaking out over nothing

mlj86
05-27-2014, 04:21 PM
I have something called obsessive thinking and it's driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!! Lately it seems like every little thing I freak out over. I found a bug on me yesterday and I flipped out and started thinking "what if it bit me?" (I know it didn't though) it seems like everyone around me can hold it together and not let little things like this for example bother them and they continue on their day. Why can't I?

Anne1221
05-27-2014, 09:27 PM
What do you take or how have you been trying to manage what you have?

mlj86
05-28-2014, 05:43 AM
What do you take or how have you been trying to manage what you have?

I don't take anything I try calming myself down, either it be distracting myself or sleeping.

Kylie Sene
05-28-2014, 06:58 AM
I completely understand the whole freaking out for the little things. Maybe not the insect in particular but just worrying and obsessing over minor things which ''normal'' people do not and find pathetic. I feel so alone sometimes because even the people I love are sick of my shit. I've joined this forum cos I feel like I need to talk to people who understand and won't hurt me.

needtogetwell
05-28-2014, 07:18 AM
We have all been in this position at some point. Have you seen your doctor about this? That would be a good starting point and maybe a psychiatrist or psychologist to help you learn CBT. This can be very helpful changing thought patterns.

Good luck