PDA

View Full Version : Hard 2 breathe

Ness93
05-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Has anyone else felt like this when ever standing it's hard to breathe and your heart starts rapidly beating feels heavy on your chest she standing and walking around I went to the ER yesterday and all the tests I did were normal :( it's been like.this for 2 days why won't it go away :(

Ritch
05-25-2014, 07:01 PM
I am sorry you are feeling this way and it is not uncommon, I would recommend trying this. Persistence is key, even if you only manage it for 30 seconds it is a start. I hope this will offer you some relief.

I would advise laying in bed with your hands on your stomach and concentrate solely on your breathing. So when you breathe in push your stomach out (this allows the diaphragm to expand)if your finger tips are just touching when you are relaxing when you breathe out your stomach should stop them touching, then breathe in through your nose (stomach goes back to how it is usually not pulled in and fingers tips will touch again) and repeat. This is called diaphragmatic breathing, but the key is to focus your attention on your breathe. So feel the oxygen entering your nose, down your throat into your lungs and vise versa when breathing out. If your mind begins to wander, when you realise it has wandered say to yourself "I'm not thinking about that because I am focusing on my breathing" then return your attention to your breathing. If you practice this religiously it will help you relax and help relieve symptoms

Ness93
05-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Thank you so much for the advice but the problem Is not when I'm laying down its when I'm standing. As soon as I stand up my heart starts beating fast and I feel the pressure making it harder to breathe it's hard to ignore I was given lorazapam 4 pills but I'm scared to take them

Ritch
05-25-2014, 08:11 PM
If you are scared to take one, take a half or a quarter. If that feels OK take another quarter.

I understand what you are saying with it being stood up. So if we practice controlling our breathing when we have no problem and really control it, it will be easier to do when you are stood up. Does that make sense?

Then you practice standing up whilst focusing on your breathing, nothing else..... if you can master this then try it whilst walking.

It will do no harm in trying :)

Ness93
05-25-2014, 08:34 PM
Ok makes sense I will try that thank you so much :)