PDA

View Full Version : Feeling "Normal"

NervousNiki
05-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Just wondering if anyone else experiences this: I am so used to not feeling right. Something always hurts, always tension in my neck and shoulders. On days like I am having today, I am relatively pain free, there is no feeling of detachment. It's a great day! Now that being said, does the feeling of feeling good trigger anxious thoughts because the good feeling is so foreign?

GeneralWorrier
05-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Just wondering if anyone else experiences this: I am so used to not feeling right. Something always hurts, always tension in my neck and shoulders. On days like I am having today, I am relatively pain free, there is no feeling of detachment. It's a great day! Now that being said, does the feeling of feeling good trigger anxious thoughts because the good feeling is so foreign?

I completely agree!! I know exactly what you mean, simply the thought of feeling so good can make me feel anxious within seconds. It sucks so much!

Ritch
05-25-2014, 08:07 PM
I can relate to that 100%, it for me at least is like I become anxious because I am not feeling anxious.

Try_Repeat
05-26-2014, 04:02 AM
Yes, It seems familiar. Anxiety surely can be produced by overanalysing, from constantly judging and thinking about your mood and emotional condition. This issue became a real problem for me at the end of my panic attack/depression history. I didn't experience so strong panic attacks from about a 4 years from the beginning of my panic disorder. My condition was relatively normal, until I started to think about it. I asked myself: "how do I feel now?" My mood was ok, but then I started to analyse: "Yesterday I felled better than today, why?" I found some thoughts in my head that attributed to anxious thoughts, then I thought about thinking etc. And it turned out to anxiety again. And sometimes I noticed a normal feeling and thought: oh, this is going to over again. And got anxiety.

So don't get attached to your condition, don't overanalyse. Every emotion and feeling is temporary. Some days you feel good, some days you feel bad this is how the thing are! Just let it be, don't think about how you feel every minute! You feel good - ok! You feel bad - ok! If you anxious just stay anxious. If you are normal just stay normal, don't add anything extra to this condition! This will help not only to deal with current issue, but to overcome anxiety!