PDA

View Full Version : 100 happy days

petrified
05-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Was going to take time off this forum as I feel it's really changed. But I'm going to use this place to do my 100 happy days. Hoping its going to help :-) Feel free to join in if you like.

Day #1 I've been helping my sis in law decorate her new house today. I also seen some family I haven't seen in a bit.

I also bought this book

Ritch
05-25-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm sorry that you feel the forum has changed.

I will keep track of your happy days :) it's always refreshing to see somebody with a positive outlook and approach.

petrified
05-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks Ritch :-)

Cullingford
05-25-2014, 04:04 PM
That's a big shame but I know what you mean I look forward to your happy days.

Dahila
05-25-2014, 06:04 PM
How do you keep tabs on numbers H? I like the idea :)
#1 Planted all annuals on Rock garden, left 5 for the front :)

petrified
05-26-2014, 03:15 AM
Thanks cully and dahlia.

Dahlia I'm just going to check what my last number was but if I'm doing it daily it should be easy :-)

JohnC
05-26-2014, 06:31 AM
Gee, hope none of you go.

Dahila
05-26-2014, 08:01 AM
#2 finished to plant annuals with extremely difficult name, they are bluish, will post on FB the pics when it starts to grow. Hannah I check this one and mine two thread no problem:)))

needtogetwell
05-26-2014, 08:20 AM
I love this idea Hannah!

So, life has sucked royally for the past 6 days, tried hormone replacement therapy which has made me sick and a wreck. So can't go anywhere but up.

Day 1- happy thing, got an appointment with a naturopath for Wed. Afternoon. Got to get well, and believe better nutrition and the right supplements to be the way to do that.

One thing happy about.

I'm usually the one leading the positive outlook charge, I'm so glad Hannah, John, Cully, Ritch and Dahila have taken over so I can find my positive spirit once again.

Pam

Cullingford
05-26-2014, 09:11 AM
I found a wildflower meadow today that's my idea of gardening! let mother nature do the work. This is enough to make a happy day for me:). John I am not leaving I am far too stubborn.
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2936/14272556052_fc0203a8e8_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nKdzEC)

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling so good Pam! I look forward to your resurgence of spirit.

needtogetwell
05-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Beautiful picture Cully,

Must be so nice to have all that natural space nearby to where you live!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Cullingford
05-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Thank you Pam yes I am very lucky, It's so much better for me to spend my spare time like this than wasting hours thinking shite.

Dorriekeepson23
05-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Awesome idea. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
#1 I made my little guy laugh this morning by tickling him. In return, I got a picture of him he drew himself, saying I was the best mommy in the world. :)

Cullingford
05-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Awsome Dorrie that's what it's all about! good to see you Dorrie :)

JohnC
05-26-2014, 03:16 PM
I need to take Cully's advice and stop sitting around thinking shit. I really need some happy days ( wasént that a tv show? ). I have to confess I was happier when I smoked.

petrified
05-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Yeah so happy you are all joining in :-)

Dahlia your garden pics are awesome and always cheer me up, you are very lucky. You must have been a landscape Gardner in a past life ;-)

Cully your pics are amazing as always you really have an amazing talent at looking at things and capturing the moment :-)

Pam that's great news I hope the appointment goes really well for you. Keep us updated :)

Hi dorrie that's fantastic it would of put a smile on my face too. Definitely something to be happy about.

I'm at work finishing in 41 minutes so will update my day 2 when I'm home.

Thanks again everyone :-)

petrified
05-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Hi John and no I don't think you will get rid of us that easy lol.
Happy days was a great programme I loved the fonz although I used to watch the reruns the show was little before my time :-)

petrified
05-26-2014, 04:09 PM
100 happy days

Lots to be happy about today. It's my 7th wedding anniversary :-). I have an amazing husband :-)
I won a competition on twitter from someone who used to be on here and has started there own business now. This is what I won for my niece :-)

Plus all you amazing people one here are joining me in my 100 happy days.

Dahila
05-26-2014, 05:51 PM
#3 scratched hands all over but the annuals are planted :))
Thank you Hannah. Dorrie :)

Dorriekeepson23
05-26-2014, 09:58 PM
Awsome Dorrie that's what it's all about! good to see you Dorrie :)

Great to see you too Cull!! And everyone else. Dee Dee, sounds like you're busy as a bee. :) Congratulations Petrified!!! And awesome post starter!!
#2 The great friends I've made on here! Dorrie :)

Dorriekeepson23
05-26-2014, 10:07 PM
I didn't forget about you too, Pam!! Great to see ya, girl. And John and Ritch. It's been a good day. I'm loving my stepdaughter living with us. I'm not as lonely. Hubby grilled burger's and hot dogs today, and we had watermelon!!! My hubby bought a medium sized pool, and him and my little guy had a ball. I got super soaked by the little guy's Super Power Soaker though!! Lol. Luckily I had on some old ACDC pajama's!! lol. Was tons of fun to watch him play and be soo happy. Chow!! Dorrie

Hun
05-27-2014, 02:37 AM
I really like the idea of this thread... and I wish u good luck for ur 100 happy days... :) I also wanna join in ... Its great to find happiness everyday in anything..whether small or big... :) Wish u loads of happy days.....

petrified
05-27-2014, 04:11 PM
Yeah welcome Hun :-)

That's great dorrie kids are such a joy :-)

#3 had a great shift at work tonight, I swapped shifts as its my sons football presentation tomorrow.

I eventually found a suitable white shirt for the above mentioned presentation for a very picky 10 y/o.

Oh and after a very stressful day my dads dog bayley (aka Houdini) after playing out for two hours was found safe and well.

So lots to be happy about today.

petrified
05-27-2014, 04:12 PM
#3 scratched hands all over but the annuals are planted :))
Thank you Hannah. Dorrie :)

Can't wait to see pics on Facebook dahlia :-)

Dorriekeepson23
05-27-2014, 04:31 PM
#2 One of my guys made it another year. He turned 20. I just heard from him. He got promoted at his job, and will be visiting us month after next.

Dahila
05-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Hannah I uploaded some but not the annuals. Was to hot today to do anything
#4 had time to watch the movie, before work:))

needtogetwell
05-27-2014, 07:04 PM
#2. Just happy today is almost over. Seeing the naturopath tomorrow afternoon, need some answers. Did manage to get another flower bed weeded. But everything is overwhelming me right now.

petrified
05-28-2014, 03:32 PM
That's great dorrie :-)

Ooh dahila I will have to have a look for them :-)

Good luck for tomorrow pam I hope it goes well for you :-)

#4 just back from my sons football presentation where he received a trophy. It was marred by nasty comments aimed at him from an adult on stage but I won't let that take away how much he earned that trophy. Rather upset right now but trying to stay happy.

needtogetwell
05-28-2014, 04:59 PM
Hannah that's awesome about your sons trophy, you must be proud as a peacock! Don't worry about that ill mannered oaf, just jealous of your sons accomplishment.

#3 - validation!!!!! All this unwell feeling is not all in my head! The naturopath was awesome, was with him for an hour and a half. Several major issues, all can be corrected with time. Adrenal exhaustion, complicated but it has to do with how we product adrenaline and cortisol, both are hormones. Estrogen dominance, common with women my age, we produce too much estrogen compared to progesterone, another hormone issue and correctable. Poor production of stomach acid, thanks to anti inflamatories and so called acid reducers. Poor liver function, thanks to so much Tylenol over the years.

Anyway, I have 1-2 weeks off work for a start. Diet will consist of handfuls of supplements, protien shakes, no sugar, no caffeine, just easy stuff on my digestive system.

Something to be happy about!!! :)

petrified
05-29-2014, 03:14 AM
Hi pam I'm so pleased you had such a great appointment. Things truly seem to be looking up for you and it's about time too.

Dorriekeepson23
05-29-2014, 10:59 AM
#3 My friends on the site. Dee Dee, you're the "awesome" in friendship. I don't know what I'd do without ya girl. Pam, ect.. Dorrie

petrified
05-29-2014, 04:01 PM
#5 We had a lot of support at my sons football training tonight and have been asked to give it a week but it's looking hopeful.
Receiving a lovely Facebook inbox message from a dear friend on here really cheered me up.

Oh and winning £20 on a £1 scratch card :-)

It's been hard finding the happy things today but I have :-)

needtogetwell
05-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Dorrie!!!!! Miss you love!

I think this is #3 for me. Although it sucks royally, the headache I have had all day between my eyes is actually a good thing. It means that my body is trying to get rid of all the toxic crap I've built up in my system causing my adrenals significant distress. Oh the road to recovery is rarely a smooth one.

Hannah, thank you for the lovely words, you know. :)

petrified
05-31-2014, 01:53 AM
Ah Pam I hope things are getting easier for you now.

#6 yesterday teaching my 5 year old niece how to make loom band bracelets was great. She learnt really quick and it kept her entertained all day yesterday.

needtogetwell
05-31-2014, 04:24 AM
Hannah, it seems the vehicle that hits me every morning is getting a little smaller. Imagine that hung over sick stomach feeling every single morning, yup that's what it's like but maybe a touch better today.

#4. Had a brief period yesterday evening, a couple of hours where I actually felt quite good. Small baby steps. Day by day.

petrified
05-31-2014, 09:16 AM
Ah bless you Pam I no that feeling well from and my youth and I no how horrendous it can be. I pleased you had a little respite from it though.

#7 the evil bully of a man who humiliated my son the other night has been suspended. I'm kinda feeling guilty for feeling happy about it. But my son sure as hell didn't feel happy the other night. Got to love karma :-)

needtogetwell
05-31-2014, 09:32 AM
Yay!!! Victory!!! Happy dancing here on the suspension!!!! No guilty feelings here! So don't you dare either Hannah!

Karma can be such a bitch!

petrified
05-31-2014, 09:51 AM
Haha thanks Pam the hubby did a little happy dance too. It seems the club have been building a case for a while this has been the final straw for them :-)

Dorriekeepson23
06-01-2014, 10:01 AM
#4 My Stepdaughter. She hand wrote me the most beautiful letter I've ever received. I'll never forget the first time I saw her when she was only 8. She just looked at me so scared and unsure. That quickly diminished, and her living with us, has turned out to be the best!!! I feel very fortunate to have her in my life. Hope you have a good day guys. Dee Dee, Pam, Petrified, ect... Love, Dorrie

needtogetwell
06-01-2014, 10:37 AM
That's great Dorrie, so glad everything is working out. Your move must be over and you have better access to your computer. Lol

#5 well yesterday was still on the rocky side until about 4pm, then pretty good until 9:30 when I went to bed.

#6 rocky start today, thank you very much you idiot dog who has to go out and play at 6am. But went back to sleep again until just after 7 and now don't feel too bad. Keeping fingers grossed that this continues. Am going to nap around 2.

petrified
06-01-2014, 03:28 PM
#8 had a little bit of a tough day with anxious feelings I just think it's all the stress. But I'm happy as one of the coaches resigned today.

I've mastered more loom band bracelets I can now make a star burst one and a dream catcher one haha.

Dorrie that's lovely and definitely something to be happy about.

Pam I'm pleased things are starting to get a little easier, just keep reminding yourself it's little baby steps.

Hannah

petrified
06-02-2014, 04:31 PM
#9 it's my husbands birthday today so was great giving him his presents and spoiling him.

my son was back to school today and had a fab day. He is going on a school trip tomorrow so is very excited about that.

I had a good shift at work too.

needtogetwell
06-02-2014, 05:05 PM
So glad you had a good day Hannah,

#7 went to clinic today, was having pains in my calf and stressed over what was going on. The doc I saw assured me it wasn't a clot so now I'm happy and can relax.

Otherwise, a soso day. Not horrific, but not great either.

Dorriekeepson23
06-03-2014, 10:30 AM
#5 My little boy graduated from Cub Scouts. Next week, he starts back to Karate.

Hannah, I'm glad asshole got suspended. Those trophies our kids get, are a once in a lifetime thing. Shame on him. Yeah for them kicking him to the curb. Happy B-Day to your hubby.
So glad you had a nice day.
Pam, not moved yet. Won't move until two more weeks. We're looking though. It's fun, but frustrating finding one, to be told its already been taken!! Damn It!! Lol. I sure hope you get to feeling better. Love you too you sweet thing you.
Dee Dee, My thumbs STAY UP for you honey. Hang in there.
Hun, glad you joined!!! It is fun.
Love to all, Dorrie

Dorriekeepson23
06-03-2014, 10:34 AM
#6 Wow!! I just got off the phone with my 20 yr. old. He just quit his job, and as soon as he gets his paycheck, Friday, he's filling his Mustang up with gas and headed our way,
To LIVE WITH US!!! Yes!! Now we'll have another child, so NOT a child, lol., living with us. Only until he makes enough money for his own place,,, but,,, will be near us!!!
I'm soo excited!!!

petrified
06-05-2014, 03:05 AM
#10 I had a great day at work yesterday and I eventually managed to get a doctors appointment for my son. They are like gold dust here.

Dorrie you must be very proud :-)

petrified
06-06-2014, 04:07 PM
#11 watching benjie my dog playing with his new ball. I really think I have one of the strangest dogs ever. Most dogs want balls thrown for them, not mine he just likes to keep it and hide it. Once he has it there's no taking it off him.