PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Lies

NervousNiki
05-24-2014, 01:39 PM
I am having a day where I am absolutely convinced I don't have panic or anxiety. No. Today I have MS, have had a stroke, am diabetic, have a brain tumor, and am probably dying. Does anyone else have these thoughts and ideas. Does your anxiety and panic try to convince you that you really are sick?
I've been on propranolol AND metoprolol for about 3 weeks. I've been on the metoprolol for 2 months (prescribed for migraines-not real effective, but there has been some improvement) and the propranolol was given to me for anxiety (also not super effective). To top it off, my energy level is low because of them and am tired. Ugh. It just seems to feed my delusions of something being terribly wrong. If the meds aren't working, I want to quit them. In your experience, should I give them more time go reach the full therapeutic effect or has it been long enough to know f they will be beneficial or not?

Yazzy
05-24-2014, 01:58 PM
I am having a day where I am absolutely convinced I don't have panic or anxiety. No. Today I have MS, have had a stroke, am diabetic, have a brain tumor, and am probably dying. Does anyone else have these thoughts and ideas. Does your anxiety and panic try to convince you that you really are sick?
I've been on propranolol AND metoprolol for about 3 weeks. I've been on the metoprolol for 2 months (prescribed for migraines-not real effective, but there has been some improvement) and the propranolol was given to me for anxiety (also not super effective). To top it off, my energy level is low because of them and am tired. Ugh. It just seems to feed my delusions of something being terribly wrong. If the meds aren't working, I want to quit them. In your experience, should I give them more time go reach the full therapeutic effect or has it been long enough to know f they will be beneficial or not?

Hello,

I was on propranolol. Doesn't do anything!!! People take Propranolol before a exam or before flying, just to calm nerves. Having these horrible thoughts like you are dying is normal for someone with anxiety. I now do CBT and take Citalopram. Your subconscious mind is giving you these horrible thoughts... You are not dying. CBT will help you to control those thoughts. Hope this helps x