PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Brain Zaps

Yazzy
05-23-2014, 05:50 AM
Hiii!

I've been on 20mg of citalopram for a year now. I missed my meds the other day and now for the past few days I've been getting 'brain zaps'. Feels like an electrical current running from forehead to the side of my head. I get really dizzy, and sick. I'm currently at work... I work at a supermarket and I'm dreading going back onto the shop floor. Had to take diazepam as the brain zaps are giving me panic attacks, but diazepam makes me dopey and tired. Remind me never to forget my meds ever again!!

meichmann
05-23-2014, 06:18 AM
Sorry you're having those brain zaps. They are a common side effect of not taking it after being on it for a while. I was on zoloft a few years back and stopped and for 2 weeks i got those brain zaps.

Hope you are feeling better though!

EBA
05-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Yep same thing happened to me after recently stopping Effexor. I get those "zaps" and I've had vertigo too. I'm sorry you have to deal with this...:(

Yazzy
05-24-2014, 02:17 AM
Sorry you're having those brain zaps. They are a common side effect of not taking it after being on it for a while. I was on zoloft a few years back and stopped and for 2 weeks i got those brain zaps.

Hope you are feeling better though!

Jesus 2 weeks? Hope mine don't last that long... I only forgot one pill. My Head is still 'zapping' :(

How r you now, now that you have come off your meds?

Thank you

Yazzy
05-24-2014, 02:19 AM
Yep same thing happened to me after recently stopping Effexor. I get those "zaps" and I've had vertigo too. I'm sorry you have to deal with this...:(

Thank you.

It's not nice at all. How long did yours last for?

EBA
05-25-2014, 06:39 AM
I still get them, but less often. I stopped my meds a little over a week ago. I'm mostly dizzy still and anxiety wants to rear it's ugly head. I just try my best to smile and not give in to the fear. That's what fuels it so I try to tell myself, " no big deal."

needtogetwell
05-25-2014, 11:36 AM
I still get them, but less often. I stopped my meds a little over a week ago. I'm mostly dizzy still and anxiety wants to rear it's ugly head. I just try my best to smile and not give in to the fear. That's what fuels it so I try to tell myself, " no big deal."

Omgea3 supplements help a lot for brain zaps. I had them really bad when I came off Effexor.