PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia?

khernández99
05-21-2014, 06:28 PM
What is it first of all?

This is what happens to me...

I wake up usually the same time in the middle of the night and I am wide awake. I go to sleep at about 8 or 9, sometimes 10. I then wake up in the middle of the night and then I am bored really. :P Then I just watch the TV until I fall asleep again. However, sometimes I can't fall asleep and I just stay up.

I know, TV or anything can make me less tired, but sometimes I fall back asleep.

Someone told me that this could be Insomnia, but I don't know or not? Thanks.

Dahila
05-21-2014, 06:37 PM
I have insomnia, to fall asleep takes hours even with the meditation. Then i can not keep asleep. I have it from early childhood, ages ago.
In your case I think you go to early to sleep, I advice doing something like exercise or brisk walk or biking a bit. Then you go to sleep tired and maybe sleep whole night. TV is no no when you have problem to go back to sleep , listening music helps and easy light book helps, :)

Anne1221
05-21-2014, 07:17 PM
I found this:
What Is Insomnia?

Insomnia (in-SOM-ne-ah) is a common sleep disorder. People who have insomnia have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or both. As a result, they may get too little sleep or have poor-quality sleep. They may not feel refreshed when they wake up.

Dahila
05-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Oh I know I have it, but maybe Hernandes can beat it, he is young:))

Kuma
05-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Google "sleep hygiene" and you will find some suggestions.

Ritch
05-22-2014, 07:31 PM
I agree with kuma, google sleep hygiene and it will give you some advice. I have about 9 instructions my nurse left me,if google doesn't give you the results you would like I wouldn't mind typing them up for you.