PDA

View Full Version : Swollen shoulder and tension in neck muscles.... am scared please...

Hun
05-20-2014, 02:04 AM
Hey everyone..

Ok so i decided to write a separate thread for this...

I have some sort of tension in my neck and shoulder muscles...which goes till Jaws..makes me scared coz last time i had this thing after a panic attack. Dont know if they are linked, it is sort of slight swelling on shoulder and some tension in neck... My wisdom tooth is also sort of growing and there is no pain but just a discomfort. But this is scaring me a lot coz last time it happened after my first anxiety attack, tingling all over face and everything, i dont wanna face that again.. The doc seemed okay about it much.. It could be becasue of my poor sleeping posture too. is its just my fear.. ??

Hope it goes away soon and doesn't scare me anymore...

willheal
05-20-2014, 07:37 AM
I thought all my neck/jaw problems were caused by my tooth because I recently got a tooth infection. They gave me pain meds and antibiotics and I'm a week into it now and there's only a tiny bit of improvement. My jaw will still tense up and pop sometimes. I still want to crack my neck because it hurts. Honestly-- I think the improvement is just because I can't freak out about my teeth anymore & now most of the problem is just tension from the anxiety.

I also got tingling on my face and this is a new one for me. It starts on my face, then the back of my head. When I notice it I just get overwhelmed by dread--then I begin to feel it in my hands. Then my torso, then all over. For a long time it just doesn't seem to go away. When I walk around for a while or fully distract myself for a long time (not an easy thing to do!) it does go away, so I'm sure it is anxiety for me. It's a scary one because a lot of my "anxiety sensations" seem to be centered around my head and neck which I'm most afraid of... I am going to guess that this one is also from muscle tension, especially near the spine or something. Maybe from bad posture too. I sit hunched over all the time.

The nail in the coffin was last night my girlfriend said "as soon as you start saying your neck hurts your back just turns into a rock." If you rub your own shoulders and you notice that your muscles are way tense or swelled up and get all knotted I think that's a positive sign--because it's just the muscles tensing up and prob nothing serious.