PDA

View Full Version : Ribs hurt

Dweeb
05-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Does anyone else get rib pain on a regular basis this is really freakin me out!!

Constantly think ive got a blood clot in my lungs!

willheal
05-18-2014, 01:38 PM
I pull muscles real easily so I get this a lot too, in different areas but especially in my chest/sides by my ribs. I was cleaning up my parents' house after a hurricane once and it sent me into freakout mode. I'll massage the muscle and I can kinda tell the pain is coming from the same place. Sometimes when the muscles are just tight it's harder to tell because it's all over though

Dweeb
05-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Its just like a constant ache in my ribs and wen i press on them it feels tender

willheal
05-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Its just like a constant ache in my ribs and wen i press on them it feels tender

That's what it feels like to me too. I also get a little twitch there sometimes too when it's bad. It just means you probably pulled it from lifting or moving, or heck, just getting tensed up without realizing it.

petrified
05-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Ah dweeb really sorry to hear this.

You've been doing amazing since your FANTASTIC news.

This is just a tiny step back for you dweeb, just think of how well you are doing right now. Plus you no you have felt like this a lot and have been perfectly fine. It's just them crazy thoughts that you have to tell to do one.

Inbox me if you need to talk :-)

Hannah

Dweeb
05-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Yeah its just the same damn fear of blood clots that does me!

Do ur ribs even hurt if u had a clot in ur lung?

petrified
05-18-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure to be honest, but I do no you would be in agony and hardly be able to breathe. You would have also have deteriorated a lot by now.

You no these are just the same anxiety thoughts back again.
I read on here about trying Epsom salts in your bath but I'm sure radox bath salts would be roughly the same. Put some in a bath before you go to bed and try and relax and wind down. You will be fine dweeb :-)

Dahila
05-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Dweeb if you had the clot in your lungs you would be dead already. It is the subject I know a bit. My hubby is back home from second time in hospital with DVT but it happened cause he had his legs crashed and he did not walk for two months or more. It happened again two weeks ago. I am giving him the injection so obviously I know a lot about DVT aka clots. My friend had a clot is lung and they somehow saved him. He could not breathe and the pain in heart area was unbearable, he was sure he got heart attack. I believe that you do not have any clot it does not happen very often and not to young and healthy people without accidents or major operations.
Honey relax.... you know Dahila knows :)) yOu are good it is just the bitch anxiety:)
BTW something as simple as extra gas in colon can cause discomfort and pain in ribs :)

Dweeb
05-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Thank you both of you.

Ikno im bein silly cuz im breathin fine havent got any swellin or redness in leg
And also the pain comes and goes its just when it is there my mind goes to blood clots straight away!

petrified
05-18-2014, 04:57 PM
I really get that dweeb I've been there and to be fair I'm still dealing with it.

Dahlia really knows her stuff on blood clots so you need to train your brain to listen to that great information.

You will be fine :-)

Dweeb
05-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Its horrible wen ur brain just focuses on that one bad thing aint it?

Ikno u and dahlia are both right i'll just try and ignore it and hopefully it'll go away

petrified
05-18-2014, 05:33 PM
It sure is but it's all about trying to distract ourselves.
Have you tried CBT?
I think it might really help you :-)

Dweeb
05-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Nah never had cbt

Just take fluoextine 20mg once daily

petrified
05-19-2014, 02:23 AM
I would ask for a referral I really think you would benefit.

I'm on fluxotine 40mg and propranolol when I need them. They are great as when I feel myself panicking I take one and it seems to reduce the physical symptoms.

Hope you are ok today dweeb :-)

Dweeb
05-19-2014, 02:29 AM
I was on propranolol aswel for a couple of months but no longer takin them

Yeah im ok today thank you how are you?

petrified
05-19-2014, 04:47 AM
I'm fine thank you having a few wobbles but mainly good at the moment. I'm coping a lot better than I was.

Have you tried valerian root?
I think it's helping me be more relaxed on a night time. I bought some online but then spotted some in boots so bought some there.

Dweeb
05-19-2014, 04:57 AM
Nah never heard of it wat is it?

needtogetwell
05-19-2014, 05:13 AM
Hi Dweeb,

Nice to see you pop in here. You have been doing so great lately! I'm really proud of you!

Valerian is an herb with sedating properties. Many people find it helpful as a sleep aid. It is said to be quite helpful and more gentle than prescription sleep aids.

You can buy it in tablets and it is often combined with camomile in a tea to help sleep.

Personally I don't like it, but I don't seem to tolerate much well of late.

If you intend to try it, please do me a favour and check with your chemist or pharmacist that there are no interactions with any meds you may currently be taking.

Cheers my friend,
Pam

petrified
05-19-2014, 06:09 AM
I was just about to reply there but Pam beat me haha.

I'm doing ok on valerian root it can also help with PMT too which is always a bonus in my book. I mean it might not work for you but there's no harm in trying. It seems to be helping me by calming my brain down on a night time as that's when it's always in overdrive.

Yeah I would definitely follow Pams advice and check with your doctor or pharmacist before and if you decide to try them :-)

Dweeb
05-19-2014, 06:21 AM
Glad ur copin better hannah always a good sign aint it?

Yeah my anxiety does seem to be worse wen im alone at night time its been pretty well lately to be honest no panic attacks just the rib pain but im sure it'll go soon

Could maybe that my costochondritis as had a flare up maybe?

needtogetwell
05-19-2014, 06:31 AM
Glad ur copin better hannah always a good sign aint it? Yeah my anxiety does seem to be worse wen im alone at night time its been pretty well lately to be honest no panic attacks just the rib pain but im sure it'll go soon Could maybe that my costochondritis as had a flare up maybe?

I would bet for sure it is the costocondritis. I get it too.

Do you have any Advil or Ibuprofen at home? When mine flares up I take a couple of tablets 3 times a day for 3 or 4 days. It really helps the inflamation causing the pain. Maybe you could try it.

Dweeb
05-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Yeah im
Goin to give that a try and see if it gets better thank you pam

Dahila
05-19-2014, 07:42 AM
DWeeb are still in pain?

Dweeb
05-19-2014, 08:03 AM
No dahlia not at the moment will propz start again later thou :(

Dahila
05-19-2014, 08:11 AM
Hm maybe it is worth to go to doc? just to be sure, that you are ok. :)

Dweeb
05-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Last time i went to doctor as mentioned it he said about inflammed cartillage :s

Dweeb
05-19-2014, 08:46 AM
U think i should go a&e in case its a clot dahlia?

Dahila
05-19-2014, 09:04 AM
No it is not clot Dweeb believe me I would know. You just remind me that I need to catch my hubby, he is scared of shots like hell. No clot you would be already dead if it was a clot. I have similar pain after i work in garden, lift bags with compost and dig the soil. I am overweight and it is colon, I know it. It is not dangerous, the best option is to eat very often and smaller portions. The gas get trapped especially when you sit for long time and hurts the ribs, I mean the area of ribs:))
Dweeb I always advice to see the doc, it does not hurt. To get rid of anxiety we need them ;))

What cause the inflamed cartridge? Did he/she explains and what she said you should do?

Dweeb
05-19-2014, 10:35 AM
2bh it does seem to be worse when ive been sat for a long period of time!

The costochondritis (inflammed cartillage) he said was from carryin my daughter after her operation and apparantly once you get it u can constantly get flare ups :/

And he said just to take ibuprofen
Just need to stop focusin on it i think propz makin it worse

petrified
05-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Is it possible to go to a pain clinic dweeb?

You would have to be referred but it might help you cope with it better which would in turn help your anxiety I guess.

Dweeb
05-19-2014, 11:27 AM
I could ask my doctor bt there pretty useless around ere

needtogetwell
05-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Dweeb,

It unfortunately can be chronic, mine is. Anyway , next time you see your doc , ask him for something a little stronger than ibuprofen. Something like naproxen.

I can just hear Dahila screaming about how bad anti-inflamatories are but used occasionally they can really help this condition. I take vimovo which is naproxen with nexium which protects the stomach.

Another thing to try to do to help the condition, stop carrying your daughter . She is a big girl now and her legs are in good shape. If she has to have another operation to get the pins out then ok, I see you needing to lift her, until then bend down for huggs and cuddles.

You are going to be ok Dweeb.

Dweeb
05-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Yeah i havent carried er for a while now thats jusr apparantly wat started the condition for me and maybe i tense more than i think i do

Thank you for the advice ladies been helpful :)

Pam does urz feel like uve got a band around ur ribs at times

Dahila
05-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Hehehe Pam you just made my laugh. I can not use Naproxen or Arthrotec , the last one is good cause is easier on your stomach. It is my blood pressure, it goes up . Dweeb is a young lady she probably can occasionally use it.

Dweeb
05-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Last time i took naproxen my tongue felt funny lol never took the damn thing again lol

Dweeb
05-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Think im just goin to stop this waffle talk about blood clots (chances of me havin one are slim the only thing i do is smoke that could cause 1) and just put this pain down to the tcostochondritis bein a pain in the backside and havin a flare up!

Maybe its cuz im constipated aswel!
Worryin and focusin on it aint easing the pain or makin it better

needtogetwell
05-19-2014, 03:39 PM
That's the most sense you've made today! Good plan.

:D

Dahila
05-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Gas in the colon, with constipation could actually cause the pain. Dweeb I had been chain smoker 35 I hope it was that ;( i think I am in denial, and I had never had the clots. Try to have something with higher fiber, maybe oats? It helps

Dweeb
05-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Ive got an appointment with the doctor for the 30th may now im freakin out what if she tells me theres something seriously wrng for me or sends me for all kinds of tests and they show something wrng urrrggghhhh

Dahila
05-23-2014, 02:18 PM
There is nothing seriously wrong with you. Trust me and you are not going to regret it:))

Dweeb
05-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Thank you dahlia u have helped me rationalize this stupidness thank you

Sorry for babblin on about the same thing

needtogetwell
05-23-2014, 05:02 PM
Dweeb,

Hope the appointment goes well, but you have the better part of the week to go, so don't dwell on it and freak yourself out.

Focus on that wonderful sweet daughter of yours and keep yourself occupied with her, or something else or someone else important to you.

You are doing really well, think back to the day you took your daughter to her appointment and how great you felt with that pressure off you. Don't let that brain of yours throw something else at you to take up the space that was made by letting go of. That other worry. Trust me, we do so much better when our brains aren't full of nonsense.

Hang in there dweeb, you are just fine!

Dweeb
05-24-2014, 05:01 AM
Thank you pan

Its just the silly thinkin of what if