PDA

View Full Version : I f*ckin' hate the news [If you're health anxious, don't check in]

AliasEQ
05-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Hey guys,

I've been doing good these last couple of weeks. I wasn't able to drink alcohol, coffe or even a soda. Now I'm able to do all of that.

So I thought I was normal and ready for everything. And BOOM, it hits me. Health anxiety. I read the news and I read about the yearly marathon that is nearby. What first comes up: "A person under 35 has just died from carrdiac arrest"

Now, first I'm thinking: "Chill out, it's rare it happens to young people" and guess what? There's another text with a title: "Young people might have a hidden heart disease".

Five(!) people got a carrdiac arrest during that marathon. And one of them died. They were all under 35. Like, I'm trying to find arguments here to counter this sh*t - anyone?

Elias

needtogetwell
05-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Alias,

Cut it out my friend! You know better. By the way, did you happen to notice how many people got hit by cars, busses, or traffic accidents recently? Probably more.

So, your worried it could happen to you...ok, I get it. But really, are you training and running in a marathon ? Probably not. The most running you do is probably running away from all the ladies after you, you're a good looking guy!

But on a serious note, just turn off the tv or radio and don't listen to the news. And for heavens sake don't google anything like that, you know that gets you spun out of shape!

You are doing so amazing! And you will continue to do so. What's that line you like? F$&k it!!!!

I'm not going to coddle you my friend, you've been down this road and you know exactly how to beat this. You also know I support you 100%, and if I thought saying poor you would help you I would.

So back to. Your favourite line.,,,you know it, just say it!!!!!

((( :D))))

Fourteen14
05-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Elias

Do the math!

5 people died, but how many people were running?

JamieNewell2006
05-17-2014, 06:24 PM
I know this feeling.

Someone, 27, just died around me with a massive heart attack and it's said that she wasn't a very big lady... I'm terrified.

AliasEQ
05-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Thanks Pam!! Really appreciate the kind words!! I think I'll say f*ck it on this one too! :)

I really need to learn how to read. 5 people have died under 35 years. In 35 years, it has only been 5 deaths.

6,000 was running - 1 died. Don't know why the f*ck I'm focusing on that 0,16%.

And to sum it all up, in 35 years = 35 marathons = 6000*35 = 210 000 people and 5 has died. That's..well... 0,0024%.

Now I feel very stupid.

Fourteen14
05-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Stupid is good Elias, it is a better emotion than fear :)

If it helps, you may be interested to know that my grandfather is 89 years old, had a triple heart bypass, angina, but still manages 5 cigars and a round of golf everyday and a bottle of whiskey a week. He has been convinced he was dying since he was 24.

I've been really busy the last few weeks and not eaten properly through the day, had stomach acid and mild nerve twinges in my abdomen and chest muscles, still freak out a little and have a strong temptation to let the mind wonder.

It happens to us all......follow Pam and her excellent advice and kick the anxiety in the arse!

AliasEQ
05-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Agree lol. My grandfather is like that too lol, 84 and still chilling.

Yea, I guess I just have to accept that life is not going to be perfect 24/7.

Again, thanks, both of you!! :)

Fourteen14
05-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Agree lol. My grandfather is like that too lol, 84 and still chilling. Yea, I guess I just have to accept that life is not going to be perfect 24/7. Again, thanks, both of you!! :)

Your Grandfather is 84, this is good news for you!

(The vast majority of heart conditions are genetic)

So you can forget all this health crap now until you are 84! By which point the average life expectancy and drug treatment will most likely have us living into the 100's.

Enjoy life! :)

needtogetwell
05-17-2014, 07:46 PM
My dad is 84 and going strong. Mom is 78 and can run circles around most people.

We are all lucky, good genes!

JohnC
05-17-2014, 08:47 PM
What the heck! my grandma on my moms side Irish and french canadian drank whiskey and smoked filterless cigs till she was 80 ( whiskey flowed like water ) still lived to be 88. My grandma on my dads side had a knee replaced when she was 90 and lived to 96. BOTH suffered from anxiety the latter of the two was the worst. What did or didn't they know that we do not. Maybe it's because they did not have GOOGLE.

olivia4514
05-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Yup the news.. Fucking brainwashing bullshit, fuck them all.

Cullingford
05-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Yup the news.. Fucking brainwashing bullshit, fuck them all.

What a girl! I couldn't have put it better myself.