PDA

View Full Version : Weird feeling

JamieNewell2006
05-16-2014, 04:52 PM
So these past two weeks have been fine for me. I have been getting out much more and relaxing with friends. But today while on a walk with a friend, I had this weird feeling come over me like I was becoming lightheaded and lost my breath. I also had a weird feeling in my heart. It was like it dropped. It's been feeling weird ever since. Any help?

JamieNewell2006
05-17-2014, 08:34 AM
I went to bed, and woke up and still have a dull ache in my chest. :(

JohnC
05-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Hi Jamie,
Kinda sounds like anxiety/panic attack. Probably started when you were on that walk and when you woke form sleep the first thing your brain said was "is it still there?" and of coarse you know how our brain works. Sometimes when I have panic attack that almost always involves my heart/chest I take a low dose aspirin just for piece of mind. It's purely a psychological thing for me but it seems to work. Hope it goes away for you soon.

Dahila
05-17-2014, 03:16 PM
anxiety attack, or mild panic. The weird feeling is always with panic attack, I hate it. I hope you will feel better soon:)

needtogetwell
05-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Hi Jamie,

Hope you are feeling better. Please try not to replay the sensations over and over in your mind. I know it's not easy to do but not dwelling on it will really help you feel better.

These things come out of the blue when we least expect them, they will pass.

Cheers
Pam

JamieNewell2006
05-17-2014, 06:05 PM
All I keep thinking is that I am having a heart attack and I'm going to die. I wanted to prove everyone wrong and that I don't need medication. This makes me feel like I'm failing myself. I honestly feel like going to the E.R. but I know the result is going to be the same. There going to tell me that it's all in my head again. I'm tired of getting tests and all of them come back normal. I wouldn't wish this feeling on anyone in the world. Someone around here recently died of 27 because of a heart attack. They said her arteries were blocked. All of them. Now that's all I have running in my head and I'm terrified... Someone help talk me down from this!

needtogetwell
05-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Ok Jamie,

The 27 year old is a rarity. They probably had many issues, and let's face it, it is not you.

I absolutely agree with what you are feeling freaking you out. I've been there so many times I have lost count.

For a minute lets turn your logical brain on, and the emotional one off. You have experienced this before , you have been to the hospital and had all the tests, they came out alright. You are alright.

So, what to do? I can suggest a few things.
1. If it is not too late where you are, go for an easy walk. Notice everything about your surroundings, grass, flowers, trees. Whatever is out there. Don't concentrate on what you think is going on with your body or brain. Take someone with you if you can.

2. Have a nice relaxing bath. Repeat to yourself " I am alright" over and over. Sounds stupid but it works.

3. If it is too late today, go out tomorrow and get yourself some magnesium supplements and some B complex vitamins. They can help with the anxiety, especially if you aren't on any meds.

There are a few threads here about them , I just can't remember the exact titles.

4. Look into guided meditation or relaxation, they are really really helpful.

Most of all, be kind to yourself. This will pass.

needtogetwell
05-17-2014, 06:38 PM
One other thing, go and read the thread called health anxiety exposed. 14 has done an awesome job with this. I think I might help you.

JamieNewell2006
05-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Thank you!

This makes me feel a little better to be honest. See, everyone around me, friends and family always tell me that it's all in my head. They tell me to 'stop the nonsense' and I honestly can't. I think I need better support than someone that is in my face and telling me that it's nonsense. That's why I joined here, because people have gone through this and understand how I feel. You made me feel better, I think I'm going to head to bed and sleep it off hopefully.

needtogetwell
05-17-2014, 07:52 PM
People say it's all in your head, and truthfully it is. But there is a huge difference from someone who has never experienced it. Those of us who have dealt with it have the insight to give you strategies to help you see it for yourself. Just saying the words to someone who doesn't have enough tools in their tool box can do more harm than good, even if they are good intentioned.

What we need to do with you is help you find the strategies which work for you. It takes a bit of time but it is so worth it in the end.

I hope you had a good sleep.