PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep and I'm stressing over it

ImChad
05-15-2014, 03:52 AM
I havent slept well for the past 2 days. Probably slept a total of 5 hours. This has only happened one other time to me. I lay here and start stressing out because it's almost 5am and I need sleep so bad but it just seems impossible to fall asleep. Insomnia is seriously the worse thing other than panic attacks that I've ever experienced.

ImChad
05-15-2014, 03:54 AM
Sometimes I notice something weird too. Like the second I start drifting off to sleep it's like I get startled or something and I wake right back up. I've tried meditation music and counting backwards. None of that crap works for me..

Dahila
05-15-2014, 08:01 AM
my insomnia drives me crazy, I have it from very early childhood, i think it was caused by my constant stays in hospitals, at this time not every hospital had children ward.... So I am dealing with it for decades. Last time i had seen my psdoc I asked her about it. She told me that it is my genetic pattern and nothing can be done.
I was on every possible pill and still got 5 hours of sleep. I usually (after my night cocktail) sleep 6 hours, sometimes I get 7 or 8 but not very often ;))
IMchad have you try the meditation?

MainerMikeBrown
05-15-2014, 04:17 PM
When I can't get to sleep, it's usually because I'm manic. For me, it's often one of the first symptoms I experience when I'm starting to get manic. Then, other manic symptoms start showing up for me.

Dahila
05-15-2014, 05:19 PM
yeah Mainer it is this way........

AliasEQ
05-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Hey Chad!

I was just like you. I couldn't get any sleep at all and I was stressing over it. Trying to force myself to sleep. I think there was a period where I got no sleep at all. Like 2-4 hours/day.

Anxiety can be complicated to deal with if you don't know it well. What I've learned, when it comes to anything that's related to anxiety, the best way to defend yourself is by attacking. So, in this case, I couldn't sleep. I said to myself; "I'm going to set a record for how long I can stay awake". Believe it or not, minutes later I was sleeping like a baby.

Now that is the "theory" part. The "practical" part is where you basically make it easier by, for example; exercise, meditate, supplements, medications etc

Next time you're in your bed and you can't sleep, get up and do whatever you like to do. Listen to music, play games, watch a movie, go for a walk or whatever. Even if it's in the middle of the night.

Use your bed only for two things. Sleeping and makin' luv.

Wish you the best! :)

needtogetwell
05-16-2014, 05:25 AM
Hi Alias,

Nice to see you. You sound well. You offer solid advice, I can't top that.

Hope you continue to be well. You have come so far from a few months ago.

Cheers
Pam

AliasEQ
05-16-2014, 07:06 AM
Hey Pam,

Yeah, I've been doing really good. It's summer soon and the weather is just too good. I've been really busy, but it's a good thing. Makes me come out of my "anxiety-bubble".

I hope you're doing well too. When did you hit 1000 posts? :o A little bit late, but cngrts!! :D

Cya around :)