PDA

View Full Version : Need to calm down

rusticnrg
05-13-2014, 06:08 PM
I have to go and get my endoscopy tomorrow and I am nervous as hell! I have canceled the appointment 3 times and I am about to cancel again. I can not cancel. I need to know what has been causing my stomach pains. Hopfully its nothing but I wont know unless they go down there and look. I feel like I am in line for a scary roller coaster right now and I know tomorrow this time I will be saying "that was big deal!" I just cant seem to calm muself now.

JohnC
05-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Hi rusticnrg,
I am assuming that it is a upper endoscopy because of stomach pain? If so i have had one and not to bad. What they did to me was an IV of a sedative first ( get ya all relaxed ) they numb the back of the throat with some kinda banana flavor ( sorta banana ) stuff. Little gag at first but it's normal. Better to stop putting it off so as to get some relief and lesson your anxiety. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

rusticnrg
05-13-2014, 06:47 PM
No its actually a EDG. They are going into my upper bowel too. They want a tissue sample to test for celiac disease too. How long does it last?

JohnC
05-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Not too long, That's funny because the IV that that give you make it very hard to remember. The nurses were surprised that I could remember what stuff I did. I described the inside of my stomach and I remember him taking a tissue sample right around the outlet side of my stomach but kinda foggy after that, sorta remember being wheeled back to the observation room or recovery room?"It was very hard to see the video monitor, i do remember that.
I think you will be just fine and it sounds like you need to do this.

rusticnrg
05-13-2014, 08:14 PM
Wow I can't believe you remember all that. They said i may remember a tiny bit but its more like a dream state. Did you feel anxious at all while under sedatation?

JohnC
05-13-2014, 08:21 PM
Not at all, well maybe a little before hand but that was more my anxiety and health anxiety that was getting me. Once that Iv hit me I was fine and dream state is exactly what they told me it was like. That was about ten years ago I had that done.

rusticnrg
05-14-2014, 05:32 AM
Thank you John. I am on my way to the center now to get it done and I am extremely anxious. I also have health anxiety. I will let you know how it goes.

mkgirl01
05-14-2014, 06:40 AM
Good luck let me know how it goes

rusticnrg
05-14-2014, 10:03 AM
well I am alive! I was so nervous right before they put me asleep. My heart was pounding but then the nurse looked at me and said, your going to sleep now. Next thing I knee I was waking up. I was shocked. I was a bit froggy for a while but now I am fine just tired. The stomach looked good, no ulcers or inflammation at all. They took a few tissue samples for testing so we will see what happens with that. Thanks again!

JohnC
05-14-2014, 10:55 AM
That's Great! I am so glad you went and I bet you are to. Now no more worries and you got it out of the way.

needtogetwell
05-14-2014, 11:43 AM
Congratulations! Instant anxiety relief!