PDA

View Full Version : Someone please

Jessicaleanne1992
05-13-2014, 05:44 AM
Talk me through work today. Idk what I'm going to do. My job gives me awful anxiety. Plus I've been up all night and have to be there in a few hours. I can't sleep. I'm freaking out so bad.

meichmann
05-13-2014, 06:37 AM
Ok first thing, you need to relax. I know it's tough to do but try. Trust me, I know what it feels like to have work anxiety. What I did at work was concentrate on the task at hand, but also kept thinking about the good things in my life (wife, children, family, friends, etc). remember, distraction is the key. As long as you can distract yourself from the anxiety, it will help. If needed, take a quick walk around if it gets too bad.

i hope this helps and hope you get throught the day ok.

Penguin
05-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Work gives me awful anxiety. I'm only working a retail job but I always freak out the night before a shift just incase I sleep in past an alarm making me super late for a shift. I always have to set so many alarms and make sure i'm getting decent hours of sleep so i'm not SUPER tired in the morning resulting in me subconsciously shutting my alarms off. I've recently started asking my mom to wake me up as well when i'm super anxious. As for actually being at work, i'm always anxious. I'm always scared i'm going to mess up with giving people change when i'm working the register, resulting in my total till count short money or over money. Also, when it comes to cleaning the store and facing everything properly and working on cash at the same time I get really overwhelmed with all the pressure, especially when we're under staffed.

I just remember to breathe and that it's not the end of the world if something goes wrong. Always remember you have something good to look forward to and before you know it, your shift will be over and you can relax. Focus on the good things and hang in there!!

superchick22684
05-13-2014, 01:37 PM
I've just started having work anxiety really bad in the last month so I know how you feel. Yesterday afternoon for no reason I became overwhelmingly sad (ahh the joy of having anxiety and depression) then as soon as that went away I experienced three hours of unrelenting anxiety/panic for no reason at all. I had to find other things to think about to get myself calm again.
The only thing I can think of to tell you is try to think of positive things like if your going to be doing something fun after work or something like that. Distraction I have found is the key to keeping myself from having a full blown panic attack. Hope your day went well.

Joshua12
05-14-2014, 12:42 AM
Just chill babe:) try to ignore everyone. Your HAPPINESS does not depend on ANYONE :D

Jessicaleanne1992
05-14-2014, 02:06 AM
Thank ya'll for the replies. They help so much! I'm in the midst of looking for a new job but I haven't gotten any call backs yet. Hopefully soon!