PDA

View Full Version : describe your palpitations/Skipped beats. curious

ab123
05-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Just curious. How do yours feel, and when do they happen?

ab123
05-12-2014, 11:54 AM
? I kind of think this is helpful for everyone as we tend to obsess over what is happening

ab123
05-12-2014, 09:03 PM
:)..................

meichmann
05-13-2014, 06:32 AM
My palpitations feel more like thumps.like someone is taking their finger and thumping me right on the chest. Sometimes it only happens once, other times it happens three or 4 heartbeats in a row. I hope i don't jinx myself since i haven't had them in quite a while, but I do remember them being quite scary at times.

heather529
05-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Mine feel like someone has just taken my heart and squeezed as hard as they can. If you've ever had a child, the best way for me to describe it is like a contraction, but around the heart. It feels so very painful.

JamieNewell2006
05-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Mine are like skipped beats... Or as said above, thumps. But it only happens two, three times a day. I find they happen when I'm relaxed. I can work all day and nothing will happen. But then when I come home and lay down... boom, lol.

Sometimes I get them when I'm not even anxious. Also, sometimes I feel like my heart stops and get this weird rush come over me. I had that happen two weeks ago and went to the E.R. and found nothing. It was like I had sudden cardiac arrest for ten seconds. Then boom, heart pounded out of my chest. I have had all the tests done and they all come back normal.

The only test I haven't had done was taking home a holter monitor, and monitor when the skipped beat happens. But the doctor said that if it was anything abnormal it would have shown up in a normal EKG.

It's so damn annoying... It's more annoying than it is worrying.