PDA

View Full Version : Cymbalta

oban
05-11-2014, 04:33 PM
My Dr prescribed me cymbalta for ADHD and anxiety. Does anyone have any experiences on this? Need to bring a balance to my life and stop pissing off everyone in my life including my wife and kids. I am afraid to take it.

Jgirl-73
05-11-2014, 05:37 PM
I've not tried it myself, I'm on Zoloft. But my pdoc said it's the next one to try if the Zoloft doesn't work. She said it's excellent for anxiety. The key is to start slow. Hope that helps a bit.

Dahila
05-11-2014, 05:39 PM
My hubby was on it and he was a different person, calm and happy. I think it is very good medication

oban
05-13-2014, 07:55 PM
My hubby was on it and he was a different person, calm and happy. I think it is very good medication

I am afraid, because I'm not sure if my anxiety is high enough to warrant taking it and dealing with the side effects and possible withdrawal if I stop. I do enjoy a good laugh and I'm not irritable all the time... But I have my moments and then some...also diagnosed with ADD.

Dahila
05-13-2014, 08:32 PM
oban you need to talk to psdoc, about it.

oban
05-14-2014, 05:50 AM
oban you need to talk to psdoc, about it.

I'm guessing if a psychiatrist prescribed me ritalin for 2 years and now cymbalta, she must think I need something...

meichmann
05-14-2014, 06:30 AM
It cant hurt to try it. the hardest pasr tis getting used to the meds. I am on lexapro and trust me its a great medication. However, getting used to it was a little rough. it only took a couple days but after that i was a-ok.

Try it and let us know how it works for you.

oban
05-14-2014, 10:34 AM
It cant hurt to try it. the hardest pasr tis getting used to the meds. I am on lexapro and trust me its a great medication. However, getting used to it was a little rough. it only took a couple days but after that i was a-ok.

Try it and let us know how it works for you.

I'm scared my sex life will suck and I will be cold and not feel emotion, then If I want to get off it I will have nasty withdrawal.

Dahila
05-14-2014, 11:43 AM
You need to chose Oban
Sex life will suck for a while, or I have no sex because i am not able to calm down or my wife will just leave, then no sex at all. Believe me, I am old and sometimes is worth to think about other aspects of life. AD do not take out your emotions they actually let you calm down and feel the emotion you should feel.
Here is like 10 thousand members on this forum, and i bet that 98% of them are scared of medication and possible complications. It would be beneficial for you to go through ours stickies threads, there is a lot of good info...

meichmann
05-14-2014, 11:58 AM
So far the only med i found that doesn't have sexual side effects is Lexapro. it's only temporary if decide to try it, and it wont turn you into a cold callous person. if you decide to get off the meds you have to do it slowly. don't stop cold turkey. you have to lower the doses over several weeks. talk to your doctor if you have any concerns and be honest with them.

Dahila
05-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Meichmann all AD influence sex drive for men and women..

meichmann
05-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Not necessarily. Its a common side effect but it doesn't effect every single person taking it.

Dahila
05-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Not necessarily. Its a common side effect but it doesn't effect every single person taking it.
Finally someone who have some knowledge about it.
Oban I think you should give it a try.... It is really good.