PDA

View Full Version : On edge

Hannah_28
05-08-2014, 12:40 PM
I went shopping yesterday which always brings out my anxiety, but ever since I have not shaken the feeling.. I woke up panicking in the night and then all day today I feel really on edge, like I can't calm down, I need some help or advice on how to stop this as it's never lasted this long before

L85
05-08-2014, 03:00 PM
I went shopping yesterday which always brings out my anxiety, but ever since I have not shaken the feeling.. I woke up panicking in the night and then all day today I feel really on edge, like I can't calm down, I need some help or advice on how to stop this as it's never lasted this long before

Think I'm a bit similar to that. I get nausea every day and feel shaky and panicky. Sometimes it lasts days. Been to cbt and she said I have to do something to distract myself but I find it hard ;-(

Hannah_28
05-08-2014, 03:07 PM
What do you do to distract yourself?

petrified
05-08-2014, 03:17 PM
If I'm feeling particularly bad I ring a friend or family member and just talk about nonsense really.
I love to read so I might read a favourite book I've read loads of times or just watch random stuff on the tv.
I've been decorating lately which has really helped me focus and take my mind off my anxiety.
I did have CBT but it's sometimes tough after a while to put into practice what I was taught. If I'm out and about and I feel a panic attack coming on I don't walk away I carry on what I'm doing even ifs really hard. I feel better for it afterward.

Hannah_28
05-08-2014, 03:29 PM
I still don't feel any calmer and it's been over 24 hours, it's so weird.. I think I'll just do as you say and try to carry on as normal, I'm seeing a favourite band of mine play on Saturday so maybe I should focus on that.

petrified
05-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Yeah definitely it's always great to have something to look forward too.
Have fun you will have an amazing time :-)

Hannah_28
05-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Hopefully :) I am looking forward to it :) I just hope my anxiety doesn't ruin it

petrified
05-08-2014, 04:00 PM
It won't (positive thinking).

Have an amazing time :-)

Hannah_28
05-09-2014, 02:37 AM
Thankyou (hopefully) :)