PDA

View Full Version : You know that feeling...?

jellywhirl
05-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Like when you get too much sleep or too little sleep?

Y'know, the one where everything seems foggy and dreamy?

Like you're much too absorbed in your own thoughts that nothing outside of yourself feels real?

I've been feeling like that today, and it's scaring me.. I.. I don't know how to calm myself down or how to.. "bring myself back to earth" is how I would think to describe it..

petrified
05-08-2014, 05:21 AM
Hi jellywhirl :-)

It sounds like you are suffering a little depersonalisation or de realisation. When I am feeling like that I find it best to try and distract myself. I like to try and focus on something else it sometimes snaps me out of it.

Hope you are feeling a little better

Hannah

superchick22684
05-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Jellywhirl,
I agree with Petrified that what you are experiencing being depersonalization or derealization. When I've experienced that in the past I try to distract myself by focusing on something whether that be calling a friend or family member or perhaps doing something you enjoy (I happen to like reading books). I suppose its possible that it could be caused by meds as well. Are you taking any medications for your anxiety?

Crystal

Hannah_28
05-08-2014, 12:42 PM
I get this everyday, I agree, it's scary, i just accept it as normal now though as it never goes away for me, sometimes I need to see or interact with people to remind me that I'm real. So yes, I know that feeling :)

Michael33
05-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Go to the gym.
1 hour of cardio
2 hours of light weightlifting

that will be three hours where you'll completely forget anything you're feeling.

jellywhirl
05-08-2014, 06:20 PM
I take 1mg of Lorazepam every night to help me sleep... do you think that could be causing it? I should take melatonin instead..

But thank you for the advice, everyone! It helps to know that what I'm feeling has a name.. :) And, talking about it, addressing it, also made me feel better.

jellywhirl
05-08-2014, 11:52 PM
I'm still feeling it today... and it's really scaring me..! I start to think, "What if I'm going insane and what if I have to be locked up??" I'm really afraid right now guys..

L85
05-09-2014, 12:49 AM
I was at my therapy the other day and I said the same to her.. I feel like I'm guna crack up and be locked in a hospital somewhere and the won't be able to stop this feeling! ! I just want to feel 'normal' again. I have no reason to feel like this. I should be the happiest girl alive. Lovely house. Lovely hubby. Beautiful perfect 3 year old and i get to work from home. But this horrible (what I call little green man) ruins it!!

Anne1221
05-09-2014, 09:48 AM
L85, do you take anything for your anxiety? What does your therapist say? That's terrible that you have a great husband, a precious child and you can't enjoy it. I take Lexapro and Buspar and both help a lot. My anxiety is so bad without those two that I can't even function. Why do you call it your "little green man"?

L85
05-09-2014, 10:01 AM
L85, do you take anything for your anxiety? What does your therapist say? That's terrible that you have a great husband, a precious child and you can't enjoy it. I take Lexapro and Buspar and both help a lot. My anxiety is so bad without those two that I can't even function. Why do you call it your "little green man"?

I wouldn't like to say on here what I call him lol. I used to take floroxatine but came off when I was pregnant with my little boy. Didn't want to go back on them. All they used to do was make me sleep. Plus while I was pregnant and the year after I was fine then 1 night for no reason it started.

Hannah_28
05-09-2014, 10:21 AM
I've also had those exact thoughts today, feel like I'm going crazy and need to be locked up, glad I'm not alone, it is scary :/