PDA

View Full Version : BusPar

JamieNewell2006
05-07-2014, 03:33 PM
My friend takes this and I want more opinions. I am extremely against taking anti-depressants.

But I was doing some research and it says that BusPar has no known withdrawal symptoms.

It's also not like an SSRI as it more relates to benzos and anxiety disorders.

I have health anxiety... So whatever advice I can get will help.

Anne1221
05-07-2014, 07:39 PM
I love the Buspar and it works for me but unfortunately it just doesn't work for everyone. You have to try it and see. I was reading up on it one day and it seemed like the people it worked for loved it and the ones that it didn't help just got off it fast.

amers85
05-07-2014, 08:34 PM
I take 20mg daily, 10 in the am and 10 in the pm, plus im on other meds. Not sure if the buspar really is helping, but don't want to risk quitting it if its really helping. I have no bad side effects personally though.

JamieNewell2006
05-07-2014, 09:08 PM
I think I need to come to the realization that I am fine when I do have these mini episodes when it pertains to my heart. Just talk myself down and/or let it all pass.

Anne1221
05-08-2014, 11:29 AM
I see you live in Canada but a prominent journalist here with ABC news has written a book about his experiences with anxiety and how he found meditation to be helpful. His name is Dan Harris and you could find his book on google or amazon. you can even watch his on-air panic attack. since you are opposed to medication for the most part, his book might help you get started on meditation. He says you can start with 5 minutes per day and go from there.