PDA

View Full Version : Help! Any advice on what might help?

Dorriekeepson23
05-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Hello, I haven't posted for a while, but I am still doing fairly well. A few events, like one of our daughters moving here to live with us, and us moving, etc... has kept my plate full. I am still off of the pain meds. I got through that a lot better than the last time. I plan on staying off of them this time. However, I can't control what happens to my body. The abnormalities that comes with my back and neck conditions will eventually worsen. Like a good friend told me... you can only deal with so much pain. But right now, I'm alright with the medications they have me on, but I am having a horrific time with Insomnia and major muscle/nerve jumping all night long, since getting off of them. I saw a post regarding this similar problem earlier too. They have me on Ambien ER 12.5mg. and I still cannot sleep. Of course lying there, and all of a sudden a huge part of your body just Jerking REAL BAD, doesn't help matters. Can anyone help me understand what this might be. My doctor sure wasn't of any help. Of course, I'm not going to Pain Management anymore. Just a Family Medicine/Internal Medicine doctor. But it's been weeks and weeks now, and it hasn't let up at all, like I was hoping it would. Of course this wakes the hubby up, and he's not getting much sleep either. We no longer have a spare bedroom, or I would sleep there, until it got better. That's just it. I don't know if it WILL get better. I don't even know what it is. I know what it is, just not WHATS causing it, or WHAT could help it. I was hoping, keeping my fingers crossed, maybe one of you might know a little something you could share. As you know, when you don't sleep all night, you tend to sleep all day, until the bus comes anyways. Lol. And that's not good either, but your so exhausted you cant help it. So, I've really been struggling you guys. I tell you, Insomnia is one monster all of its own. Well, I hope everyone else is ok, and hopefully someone can help me out. Maybe not. Lol. But, It's worth asking about anyway. Have a great day. Dorrie

needtogetwell
05-07-2014, 01:31 PM
DORRIE MY LOVE!!!!!!

Missed you!!!!!

Sorry things have been kind of shit for you lately. All that jerking of the body when you are trying to go to sleep has got to suck!

If it was anyone else, I might suspect it was a normal reaction many people have when going from the first stage of sleep ( really light, you don't even think you are sleeping) to the deeper stages.

Unfortunately with your back and neck issues, I wonder if there isn't some nerve issue involved?

Anyway, please don't stay away so long next time, especially if things aren't great! You know we respect your space and time away, but you have friends here to crab and whine to if necessary.

Love ya!
Pam

Dorriekeepson23
05-07-2014, 02:06 PM
DORRIE MY LOVE!!!!!!

Missed you!!!!!

Sorry things have been kind of shit for you lately. All that jerking of the body when you are trying to go to sleep has got to suck!

If it was anyone else, I might suspect it was a normal reaction many people have when going from the first stage of sleep ( really light, you don't even think you are sleeping) to the deeper stages.

Unfortunately with your back and neck issues, I wonder if there isn't some nerve issue involved?

Anyway, please don't stay away so long next time, especially if things aren't great! You know we respect your space and time away, but you have friends here to crab and whine to if necessary.

Love ya!
Pam

Thank you, Pam. I haven't intentionally stayed away. Well, I know you care, for sure, and always have. You are very sweet. It's hard to believe sometimes, when someone says they haven't had much time to be on the site. But the computer can't go anywhere else, except my former office/spare bedroom, which our daughter is in. She went through some major trauma, and stayed in her room all day for a while. I didn't want to bother her and come in and hang out on the computer. Thats really not an excuse. It's the truth. We could have paid to have another line installed, but we're moving in a couple of weeks and thought was silly. Especially as much as they were going to charge. I'm making sure the new home is set up where I have access to my computer at all times. Lol. It's nerve wracking wanting to get on your own computer, and cant. But she's a total sweetheart. Shes always treated me like I was her real mom. Or as well as her real mom. The young lady has never said one cross word to me in many years of being her stepmother. For that, I am not only lucky, but thankful for. So, I've been patient for her. I do have my ole Ipad, and can use it, it's just harder. But I get what your saying. It's not good to come and go, when you get close to people and they care about you. But I wasn't intentionally doing this. I've missed you tremendously. :) I know it may be nerve related. I just wish I knew of something to help. It scares the poo out of me when it happens. Lol. Lol. Talk to you soon. Love, Dorrie

needtogetwell
05-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Come back when you can, I totally understand. I do miss you, and Frankie and Eman , but at least with them I see snippets here and there on Facebook and know they are ok. You my friend I wasn't so lucky.

Hope your move goes ok, that's a hugely stressful ordeal and I know you will be around when you get settled.

Good luck my friend,

Pam