PDA

View Full Version : An extreme form of anxiety or am I going crazy? PLEASE HELP!

pinkpears333
05-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I've suffered from anxiety for about a year and a half. However, I haven't had a major panic attack in months and I've acquired skills to conquer them until today. Today at work as I coming back from my lunch break, my vision suddenly started to get really blurry. Everything looked wavy and bright. I thought I was going to black out. My heart started to race but my vision kept getting worse, it felt like my left eye was going blind and my vision was getting distorted. I quickly told my manager and she told me, "You're having an anxiety attack, I know you are." It was extremely hard to calm down since I work at the mall and I was surrounded by so many people.
My manager walked me through it but it was so hard to concentrate on her. My vision was out of focus, she looked so distorted. Everyone around me looked distorted. For example, I'm embarrassed to say this at the fear of sounding crazy, it looked like everyone had one eye or if I looked into my manager's eyes or anyone's eyes, one eye looked smaller than the other. However, I wasn't hearing any voices or becoming delusional but I really felt like I was going crazy. It freaked me out and caused my vision to get even more out of focus. I thought, Today is the day I totally lost it and I'm having some sort of psychotic episode." I even told my manager that and told me that I it was an intense anxiety attack and some are just more intense than others. After about 25 minutes (it seemed like forever), my vision turned back to normal, but I really hope I never go through something like that again. It left me feeling scared and depressed that it could have been an early onset or sign telling me that I'm going to go crazy. I really hope it's just anxiety. I've never experienced anything like this and please help me out. I feel embarrassed for posting something like that but I don't know where to turn to.

motif
05-17-2008, 10:20 PM
hi,
last time I got it also at lunch break in cafeteria, I paid for my food and my legs got heavy and weak, heavy eyes, tingling everyehere I made somehow
to a nearest table and had to sit for 20 minutes until it went away a little. Then I went back like drunken to my desk and after an hour got better. I figure it is anxiety then or we are all crazy....

frisby
05-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Probably just anxiety. You might have been hyperventilating and causing your self to pass out. Once the heart starts racing your pretty much in an uncontroled anxiety attack on auto pilot. It's very important to control your heart and breathing. Oxygen is good for the body but too much can make you feel really strange even make you pass out.

Your vision getting really blurry and bright before this happened might have triggered the attack or could be part of it. If you are not sure what caused your vision to get blurry run this by your doctor to be on the safe side. Don't worry about a psychotic episode not even close. You could have had a bad lunch and it was not sitting well in your stomach. That can trigger anxiety attacks in some people.

I always like to tell people to get checked out by their doc if they aren't sure it was anxiety just to be safe.