PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Zoloft & Buspar

BrookeLynnnn
05-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Okay guys, so my mom has been on Zoloft 50mgs for almost a month & she is feeling really bad. The reason she got on was for anxiety, no panic attacks.

Now, she's shaky all day & extremely anxious, more than before. Should she get off of them??

Also, my sister has been on Buspar for one week & she's feeling sad & depressed.. She got on Buspar for very mild anxiety. Is that normal?

OmfgJaney
05-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Zoloft can sometimes take over a month to help. She should give it more time.

I dunno about Buspar, sorry.

JamieNewell2006
05-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Someone I know takes Buspar and she loves it. But she said in the beginning it made her feel like a fish in a fish tank.

Message me if you want too.

BrookeLynnnn
05-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Thank you both!!!!

Jamie, I'll relay the message & if they have questions, I'll message you :)

trinidiva
05-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Message me. I have taken both for quite some time.

Anne1221
05-06-2014, 09:31 PM
One week is not enough to judge the Buspar. I don't think it would make her sad. It has given me insomnia at the beginning, until I get used to it. She needs to give it more time then she can know for sure. My doctor says it takes six to 8 weeks to judge if a drug works or not. Do you think the 50 mg is too high for your mom? Did she feel better before she increased it. Do you think the medication is causing her to feel so badly?

BrookeLynnnn
05-06-2014, 09:48 PM
One week is not enough to judge the Buspar. I don't think it would make her sad. It has given me insomnia at the beginning, until I get used to it. She needs to give it more time then she can know for sure. My doctor says it takes six to 8 weeks to judge if a drug works or not. Do you think the 50 mg is too high for your mom? Did she feel better before she increased it. Do you think the medication is causing her to feel so badly?

Okay, I'll tell my sister to wait it out :)

But my mom was on 25mg before & felt the same.. I do believe it's the meds because she said her anxiety has never been this bad before. & she shakes literally all day.. I can see her head shaking when she's sitting down. I know someone said they felt really bad on 50mgs & went up to 100mgs & felt so much better.. So idk what she should do. She goes to see her regular dr but I've come to realize they know nothing like a psychiatrist knows..

JamieNewell2006
05-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Does she have more symptoms aside from shaking?

BrookeLynnnn
05-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Does she have more symptoms aside from shaking?

I think just anxiety all day. She was having insomnia but I think that subsided.

JamieNewell2006
05-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Involuntary Quivering is a less severe side effect.

Anne1221
05-07-2014, 10:00 AM
I know it's hard, but my doctor always tells me when starting a new medication to give it the full six weeks before judging it. It's tough, but at the end of 6-8 weeks you know if it's working or not. I've never tried Zoloft but all the doctors and pharmacists tells me it has a lot more side effects than the Lexapro that I take. Still, some people love Zoloft. I think your mom does need medication but maybe she just has to use trial and error to find the right one. And, unfortunately, you never know if the initial side effects are going to go away until you have gone through that first 6 weeks or so. Same with your sister. She has to just bear with the initial side effects of the Buspar so she will know if it works for her or not. I hated it at first, and now I love it. It has had a nice side effect for me which is it has cut my appetite, which is very good. (Lexapro increases my appetite and Buspar helps with that)

JamieNewell2006
05-07-2014, 10:55 AM
If your mother is having these issues with the medication, and she doesn't like it. I would advise her to visit her doctor and discuss something else. Medications are suppose to help ease anxiety, not conjure it up and create even more.