PDA

View Full Version : Fear of hurting myself or those close to me.

That one nutter
05-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Normally I would make a long introductory post but these thoughts have been driving me insane.

The thought of harming someone close to me or even myself is sickening to me yet I feel like I'm going to somehow lose control and do it.

The anxiety typically peaks in the morning when I wake up and at night at around 8:00 PM.

Even though I know it probably won't happen I just can't get it go away, & it really worries me at times.

(Sorry if this post is a bit incoherent but I'm having a bit of trouble getting a hold of myself at the moment.)

JamieNewell2006
05-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Are you taking medication? If not I would consult with a doctor immediately.

That one nutter
05-06-2014, 04:20 PM
I was taking doxycycline (200 mg) when it started. I went off of it a few days ago and it has been getting better with time.

petrified
05-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi agree with Jamie it might be best to talk to a doctor.
It sounds like your obtrusive thoughts could be down to OCD. OCD isn't always just repetitive behaviour it can be just the thought side if it.

I could just be that you need some therapy to help you but your doctor will be able to put you on the right track for feeling better.

petrified
05-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Doxycycline? Is that an antibiotic?

Try_Repeat
05-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Ye, I had those thoughts when I had panic attacks. And much people have the same, while experiencing panic or anxiety (I have read many many reviews about that). In my opinion, this is standard thing for panic disorder an related things. This things parasitize on most basic human fears: fear of death, fear of going mad, fear to lose control over your body and hurt yourself or somebody. They increase these fears. But if you have the fear it doesn't mean you gonna hurt somebody. It is just a fear, it is just a feeling aroused from you mind confused with anxiety and panic. I don't think that many people with this fear go so far to hurt somebody in reality. Also I didn't. And I didn't hear that anybody did on discussion forums ect. The thing doesn't go further the sense fear.

Try_Repeat
05-07-2014, 12:41 AM
Are you taking medication? If not I would consult with a doctor immediately.

I wouldn't hurry so with medication. I think it is a usual thing for panic disorders and anxiety. And can be dealt without medication in many cases. Don't get the guy into panic!

stephanie21
05-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Normally I would make a long introductory post but these thoughts have been driving me insane. The thought of harming someone close to me or even myself is sickening to me yet I feel like I'm going to somehow lose control and do it. The anxiety typically peaks in the morning when I wake up and at night at around 8:00 PM. Even though I know it probably won't happen I just can't get it go away, & it really worries me at times. (Sorry if this post is a bit incoherent but I'm having a bit of trouble getting a hold of myself at the moment.)

Hello
I just posted your same fear a few days ago
You should read my replies it helped me a lot
I have your same exact fears it scared me into a panic
I don't take medication
My anxiety gives me anxiety about taking meds
Hope it helps

Anne1221
05-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Hmmm...I think you definitely need to find somebody to talk to. Even if you just start with a family doctor. Medication helps some people but it's not for everyone. For me, it makes my life so much better to take a small amount of Lexapro.