PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and relations

kthotti
05-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Hi, I am undergoing severe anxiety now - severe palpitations,dry mouth, chest tight,eyes dark,cann't concentrate ,ear shut.........etc. But spouse and others even sister cannot understand what i am going through. They are asking me to come out of it myself and says it is all in my head and they say I am making them suffer because of my problem. Please someone help me to come out of it without meds. Just with supplements and other things.

Thank you.

DanF
05-04-2014, 01:08 PM
This is my second post, and I suffer from anxiety and what not myself. Been dealing with this from since I was early in my teens, when life was getting harder and harder due to the current fast moving life.

Having registered here just today, I am looking for help myself. I noticed that your thread wasn't replied to, then I thought I can leave my 2c :) by providing my thoughts.

I think that anxiety, stress, and depression are terms that are currently being overused. People describe any process in life that causes problems, as stress or depression. In fact, it's not the case. I believe that stress, anxiety, and depression are more complicated than this. However, you may ask, what's my point. My point is that your sister, spouse, and whoever else is commenting about your problem... doesn't know the problem. They do not understand your feelings and how anxiety is currently ruining your life... temporarily or longer than just temporarily. So, when they say that it's all in your head... it means that they are trying to help (it's true that most of the time it's all in the head), but it's not as simple as that.

I also hate medications, and hate to have to sort this out using medications. First thing to do is actually identify what's causing anxiety. You have to FIRST tackle the problem that's causing anxiety then you can start tackling in minimizing anxiety AFTER that.

Anne1221
05-04-2014, 09:28 PM
No one hates medications more than me. I absolutely did not want to take any medication for anxiety. But finally I got so bad, I had to take it and I found out that it wasn't bad like I feared. In fact, my life is so much better with the medication. If you just can't get better with supplements only (I couldn't) then you might need to take something like Lexapro. It has fewer side effects than the other antidepressants. You can start off with a very small dose, and only increase if it helps. Btw, what does "eyes dark" and "ears shut" mean?