PDA

View Full Version : Benefits

Kellie
05-04-2014, 01:59 AM
I would like to know how many of you guys are on benefits because of Anxiety. I am on meds and going to a psychologist but working is just too much for me and I can't do it. I need money so I am stuck. Please.

jessed03
05-04-2014, 03:35 AM
Are you in the UK Kellie?

Kellie
05-04-2014, 04:12 AM
Are you in the UK Kellie?

New Zealand

needtogetwell
05-04-2014, 04:38 AM
Hi Kellie,

If you have some form of unemployment benefits in NZ and you have been working, might a medical leave of absence be possible?

Here in Canada we can get benefits if we have to take time off work for medical reasons. I was able to do this when I had a back injury and was off work for 6 months. That certainly helped ease the burden of having no income at the time.

Good luck
Pam

needtogetwell
05-04-2014, 04:49 AM
Kellie,

I just did a wee bit of research and it seems that being unable to work because of medical reasons falls under "job seekers support" in NZ.

Have a look into it, it may be just what you are looking for.

Pam

Kellie
05-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Gives me heaps to think about. Thank you.

OmfgJaney
05-04-2014, 09:15 PM
I would like to know how many of you guys are on benefits because of Anxiety. I am on meds and going to a psychologist but working is just too much for me and I can't do it. I need money so I am stuck. Please.

Instead of trying to collect benefits, which could put you in a rut even more in the long-run, you should consider changing jobs to something that's not as stressful. If you just sit at home all day, it's likely you'll suffer in many other ways. Facing the world can sometimes be good for anxiety...whereas closing yourself in can make it worse.

Kellie
05-05-2014, 01:18 AM
The truth is I have never had a job, i do school at home which works well for me but the thought of facing a job is so impossible to me right now.

ab123
05-05-2014, 02:39 AM
Kellie, do you have a family member or friend you can stay with. I think for you careful baby steps will be key.