PDA

View Full Version : Appetite..

BrookeLynnnn
05-03-2014, 09:33 PM
As you guys know, I'm in Paxil. 2 months..

Lately I've been not getting full after eating.. & I'm not hungry during the day but find myself eating..

Is this my Paxil? Or is it all in my head?

Paxil is working so well, I don't wanna switch to something else.

I just need to find the motivation to eat better..

Ritch
05-03-2014, 10:26 PM
It could be a mixture of things, the Paxil Could be playing it's part.

Sometimes when I'm not hungry or thirsty I will go get something anyway to distract myself or just out of boredom. I think appetite can fluctuate for people with our predispositions a lot anyway regardless of medication. Sometimes I can eat a couple of biscuits and that will it for the day, other days 4-5 decent size meals no problem, if this is something new for you then perhaps it is the paxil.

But paxil doesn't make us eat crap or healthy we make that decision :) So you don't have to change medication, if you're eating habits are concerning you the best thing to do is remove the rubbish (temptation).

BrookeLynnnn
05-03-2014, 11:23 PM
It could be a mixture of things, the Paxil Could be playing it's part. Sometimes when I'm not hungry or thirsty I will go get something anyway to distract myself or just out of boredom. I think appetite can fluctuate for people with our predispositions a lot anyway regardless of medication. Sometimes I can eat a couple of biscuits and that will it for the day, other days 4-5 decent size meals no problem, if this is something new for you then perhaps it is the paxil. But paxil doesn't make us eat crap or healthy we make that decision :) So you don't have to change medication, if you're eating habits are concerning you the best thing to do is remove the rubbish (temptation).

Okay, thank you so much!!!!! :)

Anne1221
05-04-2014, 10:44 AM
Hmmm...there are a lot of people who say they gained weight on Paxil. I find that all antidepressant make me eat more. Since I need them, I just have to be extra diligent about what I eat and work really hard at not gaining weight.

BrookeLynnnn
05-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Hmmm...there are a lot of people who say they gained weight on Paxil. I find that all antidepressant make me eat more. Since I need them, I just have to be extra diligent about what I eat and work really hard at not gaining weight.

Okay, I'll just have to be more strict on myself.. Thank you :)

BrookeLynnnn
05-04-2014, 11:10 AM

Okay, I'll just have to be more strict on myself.. Thank you :)

Anne1221
05-04-2014, 09:23 PM
It's very hard and a constant struggle for me. I know when I got off the Lexapro (briefly) I saw how I didn't have the same huge appetite that I do on the medication. However, since my anxiety is way out of control without the medication, I just have to watch
everything I eat. This week I'm trying smoothies to see if that will cut my appetite and I may try Wellbutrin to see if I don't eat as much on that. But at least the Lexapro helps me sleep and that is a good thing!

BIGG12X
05-05-2014, 10:35 AM
I eat all day and never hungry idk why but it kills me