PDA

View Full Version : problems exercising

ImChad
05-02-2014, 12:35 PM
This is really frustrating because I'm trying to lower my body fat and run everyday but I'm having a hard time doing that. Once I start jogging I feel my heart start pounding and I start worrying that's it beating too hard/fast and I basically make myself stop jogging. It frustrates the hell out of me. If I had a working heart rate monitor that would probably be reassuring but I can't afford one right now. On my old phone this heart rate monitor app worked great. I would jog for 15 mins and check my heart rate during the jog and it was 145-155 the whole time but now on my new phone for some reason it doesn't tell me my heart rate when it's going fast. I went to target to buy a good monitor but they are like $150 and I can't afford that right now. This is so annoying because I want to exercise so bad.

What's strange is I started jogging almost daily about 3 weeks ago and I was jogging back and forth in my dad's warehouse and I didn't have a problem keeping a steady jog for 15 minutes. But now, I'm on vacation in California and I tried to run outside(I'm actually running somewhere and not back and forth) and it feels totally different like I want to stop running every minute or so. Seems like it's psychological or something.

Any advice?

EmetSoph
05-02-2014, 12:42 PM
I can kind of relate to this.. I mean, when ever I do exercise I tend to suddenly start panicking that im going to have a heart attack and have to stop because I go into a panic attack thinking im going to die because my heart is pounding so much that I think it will bring on a heart attack! Im not really sure what I can suggest to help but I just wanted to say that so you knew you weren't the only one and im glad im not the only one! haha! But yes, if you could try and get a heart rate monitor that you trust then maybe it will help? sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

ImChad
05-10-2014, 10:46 PM
Yeah, it's weird. I've been making myself run for 30 mins every morning and now that I'm back home, I just run back and forth in this warehouse and have no problems but when I'm actually running somewhere I have issues so it must be psychological..

Anyways, I'm trying to lower my body fat. Will running everyday continue to lower my resting heart rate? Because it's already low around 47-50 and I'd rather it not go lower. It's low because of all the fish oil I've taken over the years..