PDA

View Full Version : New. Scared right now

Nowmaybe1928
05-02-2014, 05:00 AM
Hi, normally I'd introduce myself and/or click around the forum first to see what's what but I woke up from a depressing dream afraid and shaking and wishing I could reach out to anyone but there is no one at this hour. I have a friend who occasionally talks me down from these episodes but I hate leaning on her (or anyone) for things like this. I woke up feeling like the bottom fell out. I don't know how else to describe it. Typing like this helps but I have to go to work later and don't know if I can do it. I don't want to. I want to stay home until I'm feeling stable enough to go back out there. I wish this would stop. I don't know what to do.

sarahadella
05-02-2014, 05:15 AM
Hi there,

I am 26 and I have suffered from depressing/scary/dehibillitating dreams for all of my life. My nightmares as a child were always vivid and my dad was the only person who could talk me down from them. As I have got older I still get these dreams, although now as opposed to when I was a child they stay with me all of the day, they laeve me with a sense of dread and the feeling that something bad is going to happen.
However this has happened to me enough times now for me to know it is my mind playing tricks on me, I also went through a phase of wanting to shut myself away from the world but getting up and going out will make you feel so much better! Nobody really understands how bad these dreams can be, think positive, get up, excercise, have something to eat, watch TV - do anything to focus and 'get back to the real world'. Let me know how you get on!

Nowmaybe1928
05-02-2014, 05:22 AM
Thank you for responding I'm still feeling shaken but reading helps. I thought about just continuing to post on this thread because the distraction is calming me down. But I didn't know if that was considered spamming or was against the rules. I don't want to get the boot. But it's so nice knowing someone is awake and I'm not completely alone.

sarahadella
05-02-2014, 05:32 AM
Its not considered spamming at all - one of the rules is 'post often'.
Its actually midday where I am in the UK!

Nowmaybe1928
05-03-2014, 03:06 AM
Its not considered spamming at all - one of the rules is 'post often'.
Its actually midday where I am in the UK!

Woke up with a racing heart again. Is anyone awake?

Nowmaybe1928
05-03-2014, 03:15 AM
I'm really scared i don't know what this is

Nowmaybe1928
05-05-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm really scared i don't know what this is

I guess nobody reads these. What the hell good does it do then?

Ritch
05-05-2014, 09:29 PM
It is anxiety, it may have caused you to have a night terror or to have just awoken you into your current state. We do read things on here and the vast majority of people seem to genuinely care about people. unfortunately we all also have our own battles/lives we have to deal with so it is not always possible for someone to be here when you need them.