PDA

View Full Version : I feel weird

mellymel
05-01-2014, 11:59 AM
I hate this feeling, I can't quite describe it, but I just know I don't feel like myself and it feels so strange. There's also an underlying feeling of fear that I can't really pin point. Nothing seems to help unless I'm completely emerged in something , like being out of the house. But the second I'm home with my thoughts it really kicks in. It almost feels like I'm on the verge of losing my mind or on the verge of a panic attack.

Michael33
05-01-2014, 01:59 PM
I had this exact same feeling, my psychologist couldn't even tell me what it was.

Somehow, after learning how to ignore it and not let it get in my way, it started going away. Now it's very strange, when I feel it even a little bit, I can almost switch the feeling on and off as I please. I think it'll just be something that will take a while, but will pass for you.

Exactice
05-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Hey Melly, This is our anxiety. Dont be afraid of it, I had dealt with this for a little while. Its a normal circumstance with our situations. What has really worked for me is challenging these thoughts. The other part is understanding that it takes time to slowly forget about the thoughts.

First - Challenge these uneasy feelings, ask why are you feeling like that? Are you nervous about something, is there something weird happening. You will notice that there is nothing really thats bothering you but is just you being hypersensitive to your feelings

Second - Distractions are great, but try not to ignore them to much. The reason I say dont ignore them initially is because you do not want to develop that type of "Defense Mechanism" You want to be aware of it and then face it and then get over it. Rather than it comes on, then yo have to do something to distract yourself every time. Sometimes at quite moments its hard to just distract yourself. So when you are just sitting there you need to access it.

Lastly - Time, you have to understand and accept that this will take time to slowly get over. We are so so so hypersensitive to any changes and feelings in our body. We just need to deprogram and almost numb ourselves. We "hypnotized" ourselves into feeling anxious, we now have to hypnotize ourselves that we are not =)

Hang in there you can do it!