PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with death

amers85
04-30-2014, 09:27 AM
Hello everyone,

I've been off here for some time now. Today my Uncle passed away in his sleep, he wasn't very old. I know he isn't suffering anymore from his disease, but now I have to make a drive of 40 minutes to a funeral. I haven't made a drive this far in awhile, the most I've done is about 20 minutes. With my fear of death and panic attacks, I'm so scared to go. I have to go no matter what, but I am so nervous and anxious about having to do this. Anyone have any recommendations for me to do?

JohnC
04-30-2014, 09:38 AM
I know exactly what you mean. Death is one of my biggest triggers, especially if it is one that I have to go to. I do not know if its partly a social thing or what. When its a family member it is 10 times worse. Death anyway you look at it is tough for anyone. Add anxiety and panic attacks into the mix and its tough. It's probably not the advice you were hoping to get, sorry for that. I usually have to take a Xanax or two with me and always I will take one at least 20 min. before i get to the funeral home. I always seem to feel a great relief after the funeral not just because it's over but because I was able to do it and show my respects and support for the family.
I wish you all the best and I am sorry for your loss.