PDA

View Full Version : Buspar

BrookeLynnnn
04-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Hey guys.. Sad to say, my best friend who is my sister has started getting anxiety..

She's always had it randomly but she told me it's gotten a lot worse & it's at work so she decided to try out a med..

She doesn't have panic attacks for anything like that.. Just anxiety.

Her Dr started her on 5mg. Half in the morning & half at night.. The pharmacist said it the quickest pill to take effect. Most people notice a huge difference after just one day.

Anyone have any success with this?

She's gonna start seeing a counselor also but we all know how long it takes to see one of those :)

needtogetwell
04-30-2014, 03:31 AM
Hi Brooke,

Sorry to hear about your sister, the good thing is she has caught it early and she has you to pass on your wisdom that you have learned.

You are doing so much better! How was your first day if beauty school?

Cheers Bella
Pam

BrookeLynnnn
04-30-2014, 08:42 AM
Hi Brooke, Sorry to hear about your sister, the good thing is she has caught it early and she has you to pass on your wisdom that you have learned. You are doing so much better! How was your first day if beauty school? Cheers Bella Pam

Thanks Pam!!

My first day was great!!! :)
Getting ready to head off now for my second day.

I was actually able to focus on what the teacher was teaching & the anxious thoughts went away. They came back obviously when I realized this lol but they're slowly fading away!

Ritch
04-30-2014, 05:12 PM
It helped me a great deal with irrational thoughts/worries but I was advised it wasn't for long term use like SSRI's. Keep an eye on her, I have found that General anxiety can be worse than actual panic.

I hope the class is going well :)

BrookeLynnnn
04-30-2014, 05:18 PM
It helped me a great deal with irrational thoughts/worries but I was advised it wasn't for long term use like SSRI's. Keep an eye on her, I have found that General anxiety can be worse than actual panic. I hope the class is going well :)

Okay thank you so much!!

& class is going awesome!! It's stuff I love so it's getting easier to pay attention to the things going on in there instead of these anxious thoughts.

Ritch
04-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Okay thank you so much!!

& class is going awesome!! It's stuff I love so it's getting easier to pay attention to the things going on in there instead of these anxious thoughts.

Sounds like perfect therapy :)

Anne1221
04-30-2014, 08:04 PM
I like the Buspar a lot, but it isn't enough for me alone. I have to take it along with Lexapro, which is very helpful.

BrookeLynnnn
04-30-2014, 08:52 PM
Sounds like perfect therapy :)

Yes, it is! :)

BrookeLynnnn
04-30-2014, 08:53 PM
I like the Buspar a lot, but it isn't enough for me alone. I have to take it along with Lexapro, which is very helpful.

Awesome to hear! :)

Niicole Lynne
04-30-2014, 10:44 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your sister but I think Pam is right she has you to look too. My youngest cousin is going through this as well as she comes Into her teen years and I try and give her the best advice I can :)

Congrats on school girl and all the best to your sister

BrookeLynnnn
04-30-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your sister but I think Pam is right she has you to look too. My youngest cousin is going through this as well as she comes Into her teen years and I try and give her the best advice I can :) Congrats on school girl and all the best to your sister

Yea you guys are right..

I'm glad my sister & your cousin has us to help them!!

& thank you!!!! :)

Exactice
05-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Hey Brooke, I was on buspar prior to Prozac, It was a tough call for me as it didnt seem to work all so well, but the doctor did say it would take almost 2 months for it to really kick in. At that point my depression got worse so we switched. But I cant give you a definite answer if it works completely or not but expect it to take some time to really set in.