PDA

View Full Version : Lost all hope

temperancebrennan
04-29-2014, 05:12 AM
I've lost all hope of ever getting better.

I'm still eating right, going to CBT and private therapy sessions. I'm still taking my medication (Cymbalta, which has now been increased to 60mg). But I'm feeling no benefit. I feel like I'm just getting worse.

I had a disciplinary meeting on Friday at work due to my absence & could have lost my job. They gave me a 6 month warning, during which time, I have to get better.

Back to today & I'm already back in the sick room following a panic attack & my symptoms are still happening.

I honestly can't see myself getting better. I want to, more than anything, but I don't know what else I can possibly do.

I've had thoughts of not wanting to live anymore if I can't feel normal again. If it doesn't get better than I can lose my job. If I lose my job, I lose my house. I can't live with my dad because he won't let me stay there rent free. I'd have literally nothing, so I'd have nothing to live for.

I don't know what to do from here. I feel lower than rock bottom.

libertynow
04-29-2014, 07:05 AM
Brennan do not I repeat do not lose hope. There are millions of people who've been so badly in depression, anxiety, panic attacks that they are admitted for months or almost a year like my cousin. He was in a really rough place and he is now doing much better thanks to doing all the right things with CBT and not giving up. You should also look into ACT approach. (Accept - Choose - Take action. Look it up. Authors john Forsyth and George Eifert

jessed03
04-30-2014, 05:12 AM
Sorry to hear that Temperance.

What brought on your very first panic attack?

lisaxo
04-30-2014, 06:33 AM
Am so sorry to hear you are feeling like this. Have you got many CBT sessions left? Maybe you need to change your medicine to something that might help a little more? It's horrible if work aren't understanding :(