PDA

View Full Version : Russia/Ukraine........again

Theguythatworries
04-28-2014, 08:22 PM
I have posted about this before and really didn't want to post again but with US troops going into bordering countries of Ukraine I'm worried of a world war. I have anxiety so I think of the worst always and have been trying to think rationally about this but I can't seem too. Then today a mayor of Ukraine got shot and ugh I don't know. Maybe it's just that I've just recently been getting into the news and that's why I'm worried? I also worry since Russia is involved.

Dahila
04-28-2014, 09:09 PM
Eventually there is going to be the War lll but not yet, and not the way you think..... Do not worry about it

Haumea
04-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Don't worry about what you have no control over. Besides, Russia is a paper tiger - they have a low fertility rate and can't afford kids coming home in body bags like they did during the Afghanistan war in the 1980s.

A WW would be suicide, they know it -- they're merely nibbling around the edges of their former empire. Mostly bark. No bite...just nibbles.

petrified
04-29-2014, 02:55 AM
Hi I really get what you are saying. I've worried like that as long as I can remember.
I can remember being really young and someone went to the electric chair and it was all over the news. I was about 8 at the time I'm from the uk but convinced myself it was going to happen to me when I was older.
When I was pregnant with my son the war in Iraq started I was convinced it was going to come over here and there was going to be a war.
All this stuff terrifies me like I had to get on a bus the day of the London bombings even though I live about an 8 hour drive away from London I was convinced I was going to be blown up on that bus that day.

Now yes I like to debate the news and conflict going on but I don't spend so long obsessing over it. As already said we have no control over it and there's been 2 world wars already and we came out stronger.
I think Russia is just trying to show their authority but I don't think they will push it too far

Haumea
04-29-2014, 09:56 AM
Yeah, pretty much. I actually think the future of the world will be more peaceful simply due to declining birthrates - it still hasn't hit a lot of the Third World yet, but e.g. in the Middle East they've dropped dramatically in the last decade or so. Kids more precious = less wars.

petrified
04-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Yeah, pretty much. I actually think the future of the world will be more peaceful simply due to declining birthrates - it still hasn't hit a lot of the Third World yet, but e.g. in the Middle East they've dropped dramatically in the last decade or so. Kids more precious = less wars.

I definitely agree there Haumea and there is so much being invested in the next generation they are treasured so to speak :-)