PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody!

starwarsfan
04-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Hey everyone, my name's Trevor and as my username suggests I'm a big Star Wars fan! (Along with DC and Marvel - anything nerdy really.) I've had pretty bad anxiety since elementary school. I was hospitalized in sixth grade for severe panic attacks and have been on the road to recovery ever since. I'm in college now and I like to think that I've made a pretty good recovery. Four years ago I never would have imagined being able to deal with my worries on my own, much less put them aside to have a good social experience.

I still deal with certain triggers (I have pretty bad OCD) so I thought I'd join these forums for support when they come along. Also, feel free to message me if you want to talk. I'm more than happy to lend an ear to anyone struggling with anxiety/OCD :)

needtogetwell
04-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Hi Trevor,

Welcome to the forum. Good place here for all. Many people with varying experiences, we can definitely help when the need arises.

I myself am a huge Star Trek fan, but definitely understand a love for Star Wars! It may be a generational thing, I was raised on the original Star Trek. Lol

Again welcome,
Pam

JohnC
04-26-2014, 07:38 PM
Hi Trevor,
Marvel for me. Iron man. My son and I have watched the movies so many times we know them by heart. I grew up with star trek and lost in space like Pam but Iron man is awesome.
Welcome to the forum and never hesitate to ask a question and look around the site.

needtogetwell
04-27-2014, 03:01 AM
Hi Trevor, Marvel for me. Iron man. My son and I have watched the movies so many times we know them by heart. I grew up with star trek and lost in space like Pam but Iron man is awesome. Welcome to the forum and never hesitate to ask a question and look around the site.

Funny you mention "lost in space", my husband just bought the complete series on DVD and we recently watched it. It's amazing how far science fiction has come from the 60's

Btw- green arrow is my favourite Marvel super hero.

JohnC
04-27-2014, 06:00 AM
Funny you mention "lost in space", my husband just bought the complete series on DVD and we recently watched it. It's amazing how far science fiction has come from the 60's

Btw- green arrow is my favourite Marvel super hero.
I know what you mean about how far the science has gone. I wonder what my kid would say if I showed him a episode of lost in space?

needtogetwell
04-27-2014, 06:55 AM
He would probably say dad....you're really old! Lol that's what my almost 15 year old said. Thanks kid! Lol

JohnC
04-27-2014, 07:01 AM
Kids, gotta love em. My 13 year old tells me that often. ( like we don't know ).

needtogetwell
04-27-2014, 07:05 AM
But in our minds we will be 21 and invincible forever! Even if the body doesn't want to cooperate! Lol