PDA

View Full Version : any ideas??

gws76
05-09-2008, 10:14 PM
My brother suffered severely from a depressive illness from age 13, my childhood memeories are quite sad due to this. I have a lovely supportive family however and for this I am thankful. About 8 years ago I was having a difficult time and suffered from depression, fear swooped in and I could only think that I was going to be just like my brother and this then became severe anxiety. I gradually overcome this with medication and minimal counselling. for the past few years I have been medication free and coping very well. Still have down times and anxious times but seem able to manage them. Over the last 12 months another of my brothers hit crisis point with the loss of job and marital difficulties, his mental health has declined accordingly and he is currently trying to sort out meds/diagnosis etc.... I saw him last week, he came here for a visit to give his wife some time out.... BANG, the fear it set off in me again, dredged up my old anxieties and fear and I am feeling shit again... Any advice ar similar experiences....