PDA

View Full Version : follow up

ldocherty93
04-26-2014, 04:42 PM
I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about my fiancé finding a lump in his testicle. He went to the docs & he said it felt like a cyst but got blood tests just to make sure. Tonight he checked it again & he said it feels like it has grown. We are both really worried about it, he's going back to the docs on monday but my anxiety is taking over!! I am terrified & i'm hoping that it's nothing serious & just a cyst. Has anyone else been through this?

Ritch
04-26-2014, 05:09 PM
I haven't personally experienced this, the important thing is that whatever it is... it is been looked at by medical professionals. I can't comment for that particular area of the body but I have experienced cysts a couple of times on my head. One made me panic the other didn't.

Can I ask where you live? In the part of the Uk I am in if bloods are taken on one day, the results are usually with the doctor the next day and if they flag anything up they usually get a secretary at the practice to contact you/ask you to make an appointment. I would hope that if the bloods were taken a couple of weeks ago and detected any abnormality that they would have contacted you sooner, so my gut feeling is cyst but I cant comment on your healthcare system.

BrookeLynnnn
04-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Is the lump painful??

nikki_marie21
04-26-2014, 06:16 PM
My son had this issues ,, they performed an ultra sound on his testicles .. I'm not saying my sons situation is the same but what is was in his case was just extra fluid around on of his testicles.. It thankfully went away with time so they didn't have to drain it .. It was called hydrocephalus

ldocherty93
04-27-2014, 06:08 AM
Is the lump painful??

It's painful when he touches it.

ldocherty93
04-27-2014, 06:10 AM
My son had this issues ,, they performed an ultra sound on his testicles .. I'm not saying my sons situation is the same but what is was in his case was just extra fluid around on of his testicles.. It thankfully went away with time so they didn't have to drain it .. It was called hydrocephalus

Glad it went away. We keep googling things & getting really worried about it. I really really do hope it's good news and nothing serious.

JohnC
04-27-2014, 06:14 AM
Sound like a cyst to me. I know of two guy's who have had testicular cancer and there was no pain. They just felt a lump. They both had one testie romoved and they both had children AFTER the testical was removed. Good luck to both of ya and let us know how it goes.

BrookeLynnnn
04-27-2014, 10:58 AM
It's painful when he touches it.

Painful is a good sign!

ldocherty93
04-27-2014, 05:25 PM
I'll let yous know how he gets on. Fingers crossed!!!

JohnC
04-27-2014, 05:36 PM
We will be thinking about the both of you. Good luck

ldocherty93
04-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Well he went to the doctors this morning & they said it's just a cyst & nothing to worry about. The blood results came back fine aswell so i guess that's a bit of a relief!

Ritch
04-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Great news :)

JohnC
04-28-2014, 12:17 PM
That's Grrrrreat!!!!