PDA

View Full Version : Unsure what im feeling

BrookeLynnnn
04-23-2014, 08:24 PM
The 2nd of next month will be 2 months on Paxil..

I feel a lot better than I did feel when I first started but I still don't feel great..

The panic thoughts are still there. I still anticipate an attack.. It doesn't happen.. I rarely get anxious but I still do..

Are the meds not working enough? I'm not sure what to do.. I go see my psychiatrist on the 30th so I'll ask her also..

But those of you who had actual success with meds, how did you feel???

Ritch
04-23-2014, 09:15 PM
From what you have said It sounds like the medication is doing their job. I think that sometimes people have or are given unrealistic expectations of what this particular class of medications will do, I don't recall anyone ever saying that the medication has completely cured their anxiety which is what I think a lot of us hoped they would do. These medications do not cure anxiety or depression they treat the symptoms of the condition and their success depends on the compatibility of person with the medication. From what you have described you are experiencing a marked improvement with regards to the severity/frequency of symptoms. The idea behind medication is to bring the symptoms down from an acute level to a tolerable level, once the symptoms are tolerable then they can be worked on further by therapy. The level of success you are having with Paxil some people never have with any medication so I'd say this a good starting point and has laid the foundation so to speak :) In my opinion if it something you would be willing to consider, ready to do and comfortable with I would advise therapy. Therapy can address the panic thoughts, the underlying causes for the depression/anxiety and other things. You could also develop coping techniques if you haven't already such as meditation etc that could potentially decrease the levels of anxiety further. (I'm a big advocate of mindfulness)

You may or not have more success with an alternative drug, but you describe a positive reaction to Paxil. Will another medication completely cure your anxiety/depression? I highly doubt it. I am not sure what dose you are currently taking perhaps an increase may help that is something you will have to discuss with your psychiatrist, it may provide you with that little bit more you are after :).

BrookeLynnnn
04-23-2014, 09:46 PM
You're totally right!!

When meds was an option, I figured it would take away everything. I wouldn't even think about anxiety ever again.. I wanted it to just all erase from my mind. Crazy thinking that could happen though!!

I am in counseling. Have been for a month & I go every week. That's helping a lot also.

I guess it all comes down to me being impatient & wanting to be better right away!!

Thanks for commenting :)

jessed03
04-23-2014, 11:25 PM
You may be unsure of what you're feeling, but I'm not. No Miley Cyrus hair Miss Brooke :)

Thank you.

johnqaz741
04-24-2014, 01:07 AM
Read this amazing book

You are not your brain

GeneAllen
04-24-2014, 08:11 AM
You're totally right!!

When meds was an option, I figured it would take away everything. I wouldn't even think about anxiety ever again.. I wanted it to just all erase from my mind. Crazy thinking that could happen though!!

I am in counseling. Have been for a month & I go every week. That's helping a lot also.

I guess it all comes down to me being impatient & wanting to be better right away!!

Thanks for commenting :)

I suspect it won't be long and you actually will forget what anxiety ever felt like. Yep that is possible, I have been there for long long periods of time. Keep up the good work and when you look into that mirror remind the little gal inside you, she is safe, and that YOU (that grown woman) is going to ensure her safety. Look yourself in the eyes and say I love you and smile, then say thank you.

Peace young lady

BrookeLynnnn
04-24-2014, 10:08 AM
I suspect it won't be long and you actually will forget what anxiety ever felt like. Yep that is possible, I have been there for long long periods of time. Keep up the good work and when you look into that mirror remind the little gal inside you, she is safe, and that YOU (that grown woman) is going to ensure her safety. Look yourself in the eyes and say I love you and smile, then say thank you. Peace young lady

Thank you friend!!!!!

:)

BrookeLynnnn
04-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Read this amazing book You are not your brain

I'll check it out, thank you.

BrookeLynnnn
04-24-2014, 10:09 AM
You may be unsure of what you're feeling, but I'm not. No Miley Cyrus hair Miss Brooke :) Thank you.

Awwww dang lol. I really wanna do it!

Exactice
04-24-2014, 02:22 PM
I suspect it won't be long and you actually will forget what anxiety ever felt like. Yep that is possible, I have been there for long long periods of time. Keep up the good work and when you look into that mirror remind the little gal inside you, she is safe, and that YOU (that grown woman) is going to ensure her safety. Look yourself in the eyes and say I love you and smile, then say thank you.

Peace young lady

THIS!!!!! ^^^^^^

Perfect advice!!!!! It will go away and you will almost forget what it was like to have these anxieties. As I have told you before your panic and anxieties are like a little kid....like Gene Allen stated tell it, its going to be ok!!!!

BrookeLynnnn
04-24-2014, 02:27 PM
THIS!!!!! ^^^^^^ Perfect advice!!!!! It will go away and you will almost forget what it was like to have these anxieties. As I have told you before your panic and anxieties are like a little kid....like Gene Allen stated tell it, its going to be ok!!!!

Thank you!! :)