PDA

View Full Version : What's happening to me?

bobert
04-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Am I having an anxiety attack? Everything seems like it's moving in slow motion. My movements feel like they're choppy, and I have tunnel vision. Has anyone experienced these before? How can I stop/preventing them from happening?

nikki_marie21
04-22-2014, 09:03 PM
If you have a clean bill of health and suffer with anxiety , then you probably are just experiencing anxiety.. Hope all is well and it passes

AnxiousPsychGrad
04-22-2014, 11:48 PM
Look into depersonalization. That sounds a lot like what you are having. It is a not so common side effect of anxiety, but I have suffered with it.
Tunnel vision is definitely a by-product of anxiety as well. I made an appointment with my optometrist strictly because of that. He did the exam and told me everything was fine, and he sees lots of people who have anxiety who have tunnel vision.

Hope you find some relief soon. :)

bobert
04-23-2014, 03:05 PM
What's DP feel like to everyone else? The first time I experienced it (this was the worst time) I had smoked weed, and it was so bad I almost passed out. It only lasted around 3 hours. The second time was a few weeks afterwards. It wasn't nearly as bad, but it lasted almost a week. It slowly got better, and smoked some more weed. By the end of my high, it was all gone. I was SO relieved. It happened again recently when I was sober. It wasn't as bad, and it was triggered when I thought about my past experiences. So I know for a fact, that it's all in my head. Over all my research, I know I can easily conquer it. I've started meditation, and self-hyponosis. These get rid of it so easily. My question now is, should I continue smoking weed? Should I get therapy to help with my anxiety? And btw, I had really bad social anxiety before.

GeneAllen
04-24-2014, 07:43 AM
I would say it's an over awareness or self conscious feeling, as well as I'm just going thru the motions. Come and goes, and for me weed don't help it, as a matter of fact it gets intense very intense in the past when I did smoke (long, long time ago, when Jesus was a baby. LOL). Getting grounded going out in nature, listening to brainsync, self hypnosis, or meditation, medication, etc. If I fight it, it's like it prolongs it. So I let it be there, and become aware of how it feels, and it's gone before ya know it. Walk barefoot in the grass, listen to a flowing river, creek rustle over the rocks. Can you hear the birds? They are singing for us.

Peace