PDA

View Full Version : Heart.

elizabeth5
04-22-2014, 10:24 AM
Do anyone else ever wake up with their heart beating fast, or sometimes when you breathe in, you feel a flutter feeling in your chest. As though your heart skipped a beat.

JohnC
04-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Absolutely for me! Kind of scary until you get used to it. I think for me it's a stress/anxiety combo. I had heart flutters / panic attack so bad once I drove my self to the ER, thought I was having a heart attack. Nope, panic attack. I am trying to teach myself that breathing thing that a few of the folks on here are talking about.
Try and relax and tell yourself that you are not the only one who has this and in a few min. it will go away as it usually does for me.
Good luck
John

needtogetwell
04-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Hi Elizabeth,

You are not alone. This seems to be quite common with us anxiety sufferers.

As john said, breathing exercises are really good to get control of this, as is simply trying to focus your attention on something else.

Good luck
Pam

elizabeth5
04-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Thank you very much! I'm also pregnant so I think that might be another cause for my palps & flutters.

JohnC
04-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Well congrats,
Heck yes, Lot of stuff to think and stress about when you're expecting. Do that breathing thing so you and baby can relax and enjoy this exciting time. Meditation is another thing I just started to look at.
Good luck and never hesitate to ask.

elizabeth5
04-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Thank you once again. I highly appreciate it :)

lisaxo
04-29-2014, 12:41 PM
I am having the same at the moment it is so so scary and distressing. I wake up to fast heart rate and it's been constant for 4 days, all day every day :(
I hope you manage to calm yours down soon x

ab123
04-29-2014, 01:04 PM
When you have days of stress hormones flooding in your body...that happens. Try to keep calm and it will help that from happening, easier said than done..but find the thing that helps,

lisaxo
04-30-2014, 06:42 AM
I have this - I wake up with my heart racing, we have a home blood pressure machine that does our pulse rate. Just waking up it's instantly 120bpm. So scary. And it stays like this all day and night - I was given diazepam to try rain it back in but it didn't work. I am now on beta blockers as I have a constant fast heart rate x