PDA

View Full Version : Flare up

dooga1227
04-19-2014, 05:30 PM
I have recently had a flare up of anxiety following illness.

I have been dealing with UTI/Kidney issues now for a month. I finally had it cleared up and now all of a sudden i have been randomly having bouts where my body is tricking me. I have been finding myself running to the bathroom every hour when im anxious, feeling the urge even when I dont have to go, and ive been feeling the pains, but not in the places where its concurrent with kidney infections. I have been dealing with anxiety attacks for a while, however right now im unable to get counseling, meds or treatment because my health insurance has no mental health coverage. I know my job, which is the second level of hell has been feeding my anxiety and causing me depression....now my question for anyone here is, has anyone else had this kind of issue where you basically become a hypocondriac because you are afraid of being sick?

Ritch
04-19-2014, 05:57 PM
I don't personally like the term hypochondriac, it is often used as a derogatory term :)

It is not uncommon for someone who has a history of anxiety to develop symptoms which mimic health conditions or to worry about their health. It is called health anxiety these days and you will find many people here myself included just like you.

Welcome to the forum.

dooga1227
04-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

Is there anything I can do to get this out of my mind? It's driving me wacky!