PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone fear being bipolar and thats the reason u cant kick anxiety

rjo1986
04-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Lately I've been scared of being bipolar and that's why I can't kick anxiety I've been evaluated by my counselor and a psychiatrist they said no but I always fear they misdiagnose

Dahila
04-19-2014, 11:03 AM
Hi My exhusband is bipolar and he was diagnosed with it in the last ten years. Psychiatrist would know. I was so scared that somehow I found the page where was so much about bipolar. It is very specific disease and you probably do not have it:)

acetone
04-19-2014, 12:51 PM
Why fear it? Its treatable.

jessed03
04-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Do you know anybody close to you with bipolar?

Sometimes that can cause a fear to become pretty ingrained.

Michael33
04-20-2014, 09:26 PM
I had this for about a month, my psych told me that it was hypochondria.. Hypochondria can be related to physical illness as well as fear of mental illness, so it could be.

IT still kicks in once in a while, I'll worry that I'm bipolar when I suddenly appear to be in a good (or normal) mood, and I'll worry that I'm scizophrenic when I get paranoid about some things. Once the hypochondria went away for me, or at least subsided, I tend to laugh when I think of this stuff now.

Ponder
04-21-2014, 05:52 AM
I've been called many things, and regardless of what they call me now or in the future, I could not care to give to fucks ... because regardless of whatever names they come up with, thy can never label who I really be, and anyone who dares to think different will always be a reject in their eye, no matter what you wish to call yourself and or the what kind of pills you claim to take.

Ritch
04-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Hey RJO,

Can you recall what led to the fear of being bipolar, have you experienced certain symptoms that are associated with condition or have you read something about the condition that has frightened you?

Yes Individuals can sometimes misdiagnose conditions, but if you have been evaluated by more than one person it is less likely they have both made the same mistake.