PDA

View Full Version : brain tumour worry

ldocherty93
04-18-2014, 02:26 PM
The past few days i've been getting headaches & my eyes seem weird at times. I'm terrified i have a brain tumour. I don't know if i should go to the docs or not..

JohnC
04-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Hi Idocherty93,
Do You by chance have allergies? Not sure what your location is but here in Ohio the tree pollen is at it's highest level right now. What you have described sounds like me when my allergies flare up. Anxiety, as you know will add to that headach and eye thing also. Good luck and I am sure you will be fine. Happy Easter.

ldocherty93
04-18-2014, 02:48 PM
Hi Idocherty93,
Do You by chance have allergies? Not sure what your location is but here in Ohio the tree pollen is at it's highest level right now. What you have described sounds like me when my allergies flare up. Anxiety, as you know will add to that headach and eye thing also. Good luck and I am sure you will be fine. Happy Easter.

Yeah i do get allergies. I'm in Scotland, i don't know what the pollen level is like though. I hope its nothing serious, its making me really worried.

JohnC
04-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Just try and relax and not think about it. I know that is hard to do with anxiety but your symptoms are not uncommon. Sometimes when my head hurts I take acouple of advil and a short nap and it helps. When ever my allergies act up I almost always start thinking the worst and I have to tell myself that it's just allergies and people all over the world suffer from it. I can usually think my way out of it. Let me know how it goes for you. You could also just be stressed and that makes everthing worse.

Yazzy
04-19-2014, 01:56 AM
Hello ;)

You may be suffering from migraines.

Migraines are linked to anxiety.... Stress etc. With mine my eyes tend to go weird first... For example if I look at someones face I can only see half of it. Then the horrible headaches start. I panicked when I first had them... Thought it was a brain tumour too, but migraines are very common. Nothing to worry about :)

Xx

needtogetwell
04-19-2014, 05:40 AM
The past few days i've been getting headaches & my eyes seem weird at times. I'm terrified i have a brain tumour. I don't know if i should go to the docs or not..

Hi Idocherty!

How are you feeling now? Better I hope.

Don't let your brain lead you down the garden path again. You know you are sensitive to any ache and pain you get. Just try to relax, maybe take some ibuprofen (Advil ) if you have any. A nap too often helps. Also, a hot shower with the warm water on your shoulders and back of neck helps.

Many times when I get headaches like that it stems from tension in the shoulders and back of neck.

Migraine headaches are quite common, they can be quite awful. You will figure out what to do to get relief. Just don't let your brain tell you it's seething worse.

As always, if it becomes very bothersome go see your doctor.

Cheers!
Pam