PDA

View Full Version : bi polar, depression, siocial anxiety, ??

ken
11-21-2005, 07:03 PM
[col

my husband is dealing with all i think. is it possible? in last 25 years he has been diagnosed with paranoia, bipolar, panic attack,
social anxiety, and post traumatic stress disorder. have been unable to find a med to help without awful side effects.

any input?

brickyard_red
11-21-2005, 08:17 PM
First of all let me say, welcome. I'm glad you found your way to this forum. I'm sure if you look around, especially in the news and resources sections, you will be able to find some information that may help you. Shoe and Duddits are really good keeping up with new articles and different things and they post them there with links.

Second of all, thank you for sticking with your husband through all this. I'm sure it isn't easy on you or him.

I believe to answer one of your questions, that yes, he can have all of the afore mentioned disorders. It is possible to have more than one at one time. Is he seeing a Dr. at this time? We here are not Dr.s and cannot give that kind of advice, but we can give our experiences and help you find answers if possible on the web.

Plus we are a great community that sticks together. You don't have be afraid or nervous about asking any question here at any time. Everyone here is very supportive and friendly.

So, again, very glad to have you here and I hope that you are able to find some of the answers that you are looking for.

Cath :)

ken
11-22-2005, 06:01 PM
thanks. yes he is seeing a doctor at present. and many in the past.

this is the longest he has stuck it out trying. he has met his limit.

he just did 3 mos of zoloft and atiivan, and couseling. the side effects, such as loosing weight. and sexual dysfuction, was pretty bad.

he was changed to wellbutrin xl. 2nd week of it . his appetite is back. but thats all. also irritable , easily aggitated. and had a depression bought that made him suicidle and lower than a snake.

seems better today , it is scary.

thanks for welcome

brickyard_red
11-23-2005, 06:25 AM
Yes, that is scarey, but thank goodness that he is seeing a Dr. and on medicine. I myself take Welbutin XL and it has helped me ALOT! I don't have any sexual side affects from it, so maybe give it a little tiime and things will start to get better hopefully.

I don't notice myself being extra irritable from being on Welbutrin, but maybe I should ask my hubby. :wink: Hehehe, he might be able to paint a better picture on that than I can. :oops: I say this because when I quit smoking about 2 months ago I didn't think I had a hard time at all, felt like smooth sailing to me. But, if you ask my hubby about it he'll tell you that he had to walk on egg shells for about a week and a half. :oops: Oops!

But, I really think the Welbutrin will help him alot. Keep us updated on how he's doing and YOU too!

ken
11-25-2005, 07:02 PM
the wellbutrin, is not cutting it i am afraid. last two days afraid to leave him by himself while working. he depression is major. doctor said to give meds a few more days.

as best as i can make out, he has been having problems since about age 11. i don't know why i have stuck around. you cant pick who you really fall in love with. good or bad.

at 22 he had a file the size of a sears catalog. said he needed to be on ss disability then. some how we have struggled through.

now it has worn him til we are now trying to get his ss. my health has detoriated to the point i cant pull the load like i have in the past. and hey, i have 19 yr old grand son. but have a 14 year old at home still. needs to get better.

brickyard_red
11-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Is your husband able to function at all? Is he eating, bathing, getting dressed each day? I had a close family memeber get so bad that she turned catatonic and my dad had to insist that she be put in the hospital. Do you think that he is that bad? Maybe you need to tell the Dr. that something HAS to be done, that you are afraid for your husband's life.

Keep us posted on how he and YOU are doing. Remember we're here for you!

ken
11-27-2005, 03:39 PM
it is like a jekyk and hide movie around here. i think the med is not going to work. also he has a exam tuesday with a ss doctor, i think mighy be stressing him out.

The Healing Guy
11-22-2006, 07:15 PM
I am here to lend a helping hand. I am a healer. I do long-distance healing purely on a donation basis. If you are truly ready to start turning things around, just drop me a line at:

[email protected]

No strings attached. Just you and me and healing energy. Remember, you are always the real healer!

Sincerely,
Michael[b]

fernandogress
08-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Also known as manic depression, bipolar disorder is characterized by extreme mood states alternating between euphoric peaks and terrible depression. Current treatments help many who suffer from bipolar disorder, but physicians estimate that one-third to one-half of the 1 million bipolar patients worldwide receive little benefit from existing therapies.Because of the difficulty in diagnosing these mood disorders, it's important to talk to your doctor candidly about what you've been feeling.

Barcadia101
09-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Also known as manic depression, bipolar disorder is characterized by extreme mood states alternating between euphoric peaks and terrible depression. Current treatments help many who suffer from bipolar disorder, but physicians estimate that one-third to one-half of the 1 million bipolar patients worldwide receive little benefit from existing therapies.Because of the difficulty in diagnosing these mood disorders, it's important to talk to your doctor candidly about what you've been feeling.
That's quite informative and pardon me if I miss understood it to a certain extent as I am not able to relate it to anything posted previously in this thread!