PDA

View Full Version : please help :(

hh93
04-15-2014, 03:43 PM
im lying in bed not anxious over anything quite calm actually, i started gettin pains in the top of my arms , neck and shoulders. like stabbin pains every so ofter. the thing thats worrying me is that ive had anxiety for 5 years but never felt like this,

now my heart is pounding and im getting pains in my chest

Chaized
04-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Just keep breathing, go get a glass of water or something, distract your brain from the pain x

hh93
04-15-2014, 03:58 PM
thanks :) was just wondering if anyone else had felt like this x

AliasEQ
04-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Relax...

How are you not anxious? It seems like you're worried.

Anxiety can cause pain all over the place. Even when you're not anxious. How?

Your mind is calm. But, it takes time for the body to get back down to normal. You worrying about that, isn't going to make it better.

Even if you had a problem, how would worrying help it other than make it worse? It will only ruin the time while you're completly healthy.

I'm sure though nothing is wrong. Have you seen your doc?

hh93
04-15-2014, 04:09 PM
i wasnt worried about anything until these wierd pains started :/. yeah been to the docs as many times as i can remember, had blood work, ecg ect.. and all came back fine.

AliasEQ
04-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Yeah, you've done all kinds of tests. Then nothing is wrong with you physically.

As I said, the body might still be in that anxious state. Did worrying make it better though? Nope! :D

I know it's easier said than done, but try to not worry. Try to not react to the symptoms. That's how you recover and get rid of this damn thing.

Face your fear and say f*ck it. I remember when I used to get chest pains. Like, it hurt so bad, I couldn't even distract myself.

I'd tell myself everytime; "So what I have pains? Give me all you got, I'm tired of you!".

Guess what, I'm still here. And I no longer have chest pains.

Learn to say "f*ck it!" friend :)

mc240384
04-15-2014, 04:39 PM
Do you go to the gym or train for any sports etc? have you been lying/sitting in a funny position at all?

hh93
04-16-2014, 01:21 AM
thanks aliasEQ :)