PDA

View Full Version : Russia/Ukraine

Theguythatworries
04-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Hello, I realize I have already posted about my worries with Russia but I just cant seem to shake them. Being the teen boy that I am with anxiety, I feel as though the situation over there could get very intense. Many people have told me I shouldn't worry because it doesn't directly effect me here in the USA. But there's always that what if it does. I guess world war comes to my mind and it scares me. Any help?

Fourteen14
04-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Hello, I realize I have already posted about my worries with Russia but I just cant seem to shake them. Being the teen boy that I am with anxiety, I feel as though the situation over there could get very intense. Many people have told me I shouldn't worry because it doesn't directly effect me here in the USA. But there's always that what if it does. I guess world war comes to my mind and it scares me. Any help?

Perhaps exposing yourself to the reality of what the people who live in the Ukraine are going through at the moment, amongst uncertainty of their future and the reality of conflict. Maybe read some of the personal stories of those affected.

Sometimes we need reminding of how fortunate we are, to concern ourselves over things that likely may never happen to us, and rarely stop to think of what those facing the reality of such events are going through.

In regards to the anxiety over world war, this no different than worries over meteor strikes or tsunami.

No amount of worry will change any course of events that are beyond your control. We have to accept that worry is literally useless, unless it can help you take action towards something you can actually change.

Unless the worry is fuelling you to run for presidential election (and in turn work towards preventing a war), then all you will achieve otherwise is making yourself ill.